Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

0dev

macrumors 68040
Dec 22, 2009
If I have a decent job in 5-10 years I should be able to buy and run one of these. AMG model, of course :cool:

AMTPhQV.png

Edit: or maybe even one of these bad boys.

E1OQ4Pj.png

Last edited:

jdechko

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2004
In the near future, I would like a 2015 Mustang GT. Supposedly they will have a lighter curb weight and finally come with a proper independent rear suspension.

Concept rendering.

Pretty Nice. I'd like a 2014 Mustang whenever they come out, 50th Anniversary and all.

I also think the 2013 Fusion looks like a nice car.

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
I'm a student (2nd year undergrad) and I drive a 2001 S80! I'm not sure if it's any different, but the turning radius isn't the greatest. I usually have to do 3 point turns to get into a parking space. Maintenance is quite easy to do, stuff isn't hidden in obscure places or hard to get into. I like the design/styling and especially the rear.

Yeah those are really nice too! Wouldn't mind having one but aiming for the S60 first as it seems a bit smaller. Nice cars though.

Sylon

macrumors 68020
Feb 26, 2012
Michigan/Ohio, USA
Unfortunately, my realistic dream cars, which in my mind would be my next car I might buy, they don't exist yet. I'm looking at whatever the new BMW ///M2 will look like, or the rumored Subaru BRZ STi, if they make it. Although, I wouldn't completely rule out the new Mustang if they indeed put on that new Fusion (Aston Martin-look) front end on it.

I've had my current BMW for 3 years now, this is usually when I would be looking for a new car. But I have no ambition of getting rid of my 135i right now, so I think I'll wait to see what the 2014 and 2015 models look like.

dma550

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2009
CT
Here's mine

A 2006 Lotus Exige, just about to get supercharged. I sold my 2005 thinking I needed a 480hp 911 turbo, but it turned out to be a different animal. I'm much happier and less broke!

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    171.5 KB · Views: 177

0dev

macrumors 68040
Dec 22, 2009
That episode was phenomenal. Too bad it will never go into production, it's bloody brilliant! Just needs a bigger head cockpit 'course!

The Dragons' Den bit was hilarious, I was in stitches :D

In all seriousness I really think they should make some sort of really small affordable city car like that, it'd be awesome and if it was cheap enough I would legitimately buy one.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Edit: or maybe even one of these bad boys.

That's very likely my next ride.

It satisfies several things I'm looking for: can be driven by myself or the wife (my last several cars have been manuals, and actual manual only variants), extremely rare, highly tunable, usable (and safe) performance with the AWD, and as a bonus, even back seats for my little person :)

There is a certain "detachment" in the driving experience vs. cars like a S2K, Exige, Boxster/S, even M cars, but the trade off is supercar levels of performance in an all weather, very livable package.

There's a show on Nat Geo HD called Ultimate Factories, and one was about the GTR, pretty interesting look at the design and engineering, manufacturing process (neat stuff like single person hand built motors). They've had some other car related ones too: Corvette (which was extra fun, since I've done the tour up in BG during a car pickup) and Ferrari.

:cool:

0dev

macrumors 68040
Dec 22, 2009
That's very likely my next ride.

It satisfies several things I'm looking for: can be driven by myself or the wife (my last several cars have been manuals, and actual manual only variants), extremely rare, highly tunable, usable (and safe) performance with the AWD, and as a bonus, even back seats for my little person :)

There is a certain "detachment" in the driving experience vs. cars like a S2K, Exige, Boxster/S, even M cars, but the trade off is supercar levels of performance in an all weather, very livable package.

There's a show on Nat Geo HD called Ultimate Factories, and one was about the GTR, pretty interesting look at the design and engineering, manufacturing process (neat stuff like single person hand built motors). They've had some other car related ones too: Corvette (which was extra fun, since I've done the tour up in BG during a car pickup) and Ferrari.

:cool:

You lucky so and so you ;)

It really is a beautiful piece of machinery. Awesome handeling and supercar speeds for around £50,000. I wouldn't be surprised if it could give a £150,000 supercar a proper run for its money. And like you say it's actually fairly practical as well.

Enjoy it! :)

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
You know, the way this year is already looking it'll be after summer before I can even get serious about finding the right car and have my business related things in order.

Since the market is so small, cars tend to pop up and disappear pretty quickly, though that's definitely part of the fun. It kind of went off my radar for a while, I was kind of set on another convertible, like maybe an M3 (since it's available in a DC type setup).

The GTR keeps popping back up though. Just recently a friend mine was on GT Academy, and came back telling me I had to get one.

Also, my buddies down at Titan in Orlando are doing some really amazing tuning on the GTR, so I've got a good hookup when the time comes (they built a Supra for me several years ago). They've got some wicked nasty, fully built cars stalking around Orlando, but I'd keep this one pretty mild.

I guess we'll see how it pans out :)

sk1wbw

Suspended
May 28, 2011
Williamsburg, Virginia
I love trucks and cars so I can't make up my mind. Most likely getting one of these in a few years when the Silverado is paid off.

Attachments

• 1280px-2011_Ford_F-150_SVT_Raptor_--_2011_DC.jpg
    1280px-2011_Ford_F-150_SVT_Raptor_--_2011_DC.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 1,231

skippymac

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2010
Hampshire, UK
Only 18 so I don't know how my career is going to go but hopefully one day I'll be able to justify one of these:
aston-martin-db9-silver.jpg

DB9

If I can't afford one of those something along these lines would be dandy:
Mercdes-C-Class1.jpg

C-Class

And if I live in the country one of these (old/new enough to suit my price range):
2013_land_rover_defender_1_1920x1080.jpg

Defender - though I would consider a discovery...

EDIT: Nearly forgot this beauty:
Lancia_Stratos_HF_001.JPG

Would love a stratos, even one of those kit car ones they had on top gear. I bloody love this car.

----------

Since the new Top Gear episode I've changed my answer...

;)

Although obviously not practical at the current time, thought this was actually not nearly as ridiculous as they made it out to be! :p

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.