Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leetmoaf

macrumors member
Jan 22, 2013
Third interview: January 15, 9 AM
Received Hireright email for background check: Jan 16
Report was completed: Jan 23
Received offer call: Jan 28

If they are usually doing things in the same time periods i sould be getting my call tomorrow (fingers crossed) my BRC cleared the 25th

macrobatt

macrumors regular
Dec 11, 2012
Anyone know if it shows updates in the BRC when you log in on line. I know it takes more than 24 hours i keep logging in all day to see.... Now I know what everyone else was going thru. I hate the waiting game. I have not had so much as a parking ticket in 5 years so I'm not worried about the check just ready for the process to be over and have a shiny folder.

Ipadmania002

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2013
Has anyone applied to the AHA posted after 1.22.13 got any replies?
Still waiting on the questionnaire.

Applied at 1.22.13 for Providence, Rhode Island.

Last edited:

Leetmoaf

macrumors member
Jan 22, 2013
I'm still waiting on a call. The past week and a half two weeks have been the longest days of my life.

applechic

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2013
Has anyone applied to the AHA posted after 1.22.13 got any replies?
Still waiting on the questionnaire.

Applied at 1.22.13 for Providence, Rhode Island.

I've applied on the 21st of this month. I haven't received the first call or the questionnaire either...

I see a lot of job posts for AHA and also AH manager within the past 1, 2 weeks, so hope they are just busy and not reaching to us yet...just hope..

I just haven't seen anyone posting "I've got the questionnaire!" on this forum since the 21st of this month..YET

Last edited:

10IC

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2013
I'm waiting for the questionnaire, too! Applied around the 23rd. I'm hoping to hear something soon.

NextSteveJobs

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2013
My Experience

Don't wanna get into detail(Privacy Reasons), but I specialize in iOS and Mac OS X...

Accidentally submitted resume by accident

Next day got a call, they hadn't even sent the questionnaire, I think she saw my resume and was like woah, then she sent the questionnaire after the call. Call lasted 5 minutes

3 days later HR called, second interview last 10 minutes...

Had my third interview yesterday, and instead of an hour lasted 20 minutes, received HireRight email within 15 minutes from HR...

I'm just worried, because the last 1 1/2 years has been rough, and I left two jobs without a 2 weeks notice, and my credit has gone to crap. Finally just now starting to get that part up...

KLinPA

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2012
PA
H

5ID's and I applied for 5, 6 locations for each of them. Maybe I did too much.

I applied last year in August, September and October. Each month I used a new ID to apply to 20+ locations.

Before I applied in October, I had tweaked my cover letter. 3 days after that I received a phone call then the questionnaire and went through the interview process. The HireRight background check is criminal and employment not credit. I was hired and have been out of training for over a month now. I'm CPU.

Be persistent. And if you make it pay attention in training. We started with 26 and lost A LOT of people.

:apple::D:apple:

Leetmoaf

macrumors member
Jan 22, 2013
How long do you think I should wait to contact someone if I have not received a call or email if my background check was completed? Who is the best person to contact about this? I'm going to hold off a little longer but I just don't want to be mistakenly forgotten about.

Ipadmania002

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2013
I applied last year in August, September and October. Each month I used a new ID to apply to 20+ locations.

Before I applied in October, I had tweaked my cover letter. 3 days after that I received a phone call then the questionnaire and went through the interview process. The HireRight background check is criminal and employment not credit. I was hired and have been out of training for over a month now. I'm CPU.

Be persistent. And if you make it pay attention in training. We started with 26 and lost A LOT of people.

:apple::D:apple:

Thats what I hear. My friend was in the training from 11.26.12 then got kicked out recently. He also mentioned a LOT of people were kicked out.

I feel like this AHA is keep popping up on the apple job site whenever around the training is done and to fill people who they lost in the training.

famous600

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2010
Don't wanna get into detail(Privacy Reasons), but I specialize in iOS and Mac OS X...

Accidentally submitted resume by accident

Next day got a call, they hadn't even sent the questionnaire, I think she saw my resume and was like woah, then she sent the questionnaire after the call. Call lasted 5 minutes

3 days later HR called, second interview last 10 minutes...

Had my third interview yesterday, and instead of an hour lasted 20 minutes, received HireRight email within 15 minutes from HR...

I'm just worried, because the last 1 1/2 years has been rough, and I left two jobs without a 2 weeks notice, and my credit has gone to crap. Finally just now starting to get that part up...

Just like many others on this forum it's not so much how much you know but how well you deal with customers. You can be an expert in iOS and OSX to the third power but if the customers don't like you then you won't last.

----------

Thats what I hear. My friend was in the training from 11.26.12 then got kicked out recently. He also mentioned a LOT of people were kicked out.

I feel like this AHA is keep popping up on the apple job site whenever around the training is done and to fill people who they lost in the training.

Yes DO NOT underestimate training.

Leetmoaf

macrumors member
Jan 22, 2013
Don't contact anyone. It takes as long as it takes. I was in your position also and it took forever! Just wait it out. That's all you can do. The ONLY person I contacted was hireright and check the status. They will tell you if it's complete and has been forwarded to the mother ship.

Yes I checked with hireright and my BRC was returned to Apple sometime last week before the weekend.

----------

Thats crazy! Most people will have to give up a job for this position (including me) to take a chance like this. I'm totally willing to take the chance as i dont think the training/tests will be too difficult im a super quick learner.

Last edited:

lantabiker

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2012
People get kicked out for only 2 reasons:

1) They don't pass the required exams
2) They don't adapt to the new work queue.

If you get past all 3 exams, the managers will help you conform to the new
way of doing things. Your stats are very important, but not the primary
focus in those first few weeks. They understand you are getting used to
everything with phones and customers. They will try to help you.

After the first month, then they become a bit more hands on with helping
your numbers and stats develop in a positive manner. But a big part of that
depends on you as well. For some, eating cheese and grinning through the
ugly stuff is pretty easy. For some, it's not easy. That's ok cause plans
can be made otherwise.

It all comes down to how you want to deal with things.

I'm still loving every day I "walk" to work.

Leetmoaf

macrumors member
Jan 22, 2013
People get kicked out for only 2 reasons:

1) They don't pass the required exams
2) They don't adapt to the new work queue.

If you get past all 3 exams, the managers will help you conform to the new
way of doing things. Your stats are very important, but not the primary
focus in those first few weeks. They understand you are getting used to
everything with phones and customers. They will try to help you.

After the first month, then they become a bit more hands on with helping
your numbers and stats develop in a positive manner. But a big part of that
depends on you as well. For some, eating cheese and grinning through the
ugly stuff is pretty easy. For some, it's not easy. That's ok cause plans
can be made otherwise.

It all comes down to how you want to deal with things.

I'm still loving every day I "walk" to work.

Sounds great to me! I think ill be just fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.