Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BaldiMac

macrumors G3
Jan 24, 2008
So explain to me why my audio stop after the phone locked?

How could I do that without you telling me what you were doing?

No we want count hacks, but the nexus 4 LTE is working in Canada without hacking the device.

No, it's not.

I don't call going into the setting and enabling something hacking do you?

I do if the setting is hidden and unsupported. And operating the device with it enabled is illegal.

I believe he did say without LTE did he not?

He did. And what he said was accurate.

Brounmoney

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
So, somehow, a consistent, easy to use interface is a negative to you. And somehow proves that the underlying OS hasn't changed much. Hmm.

Wow you can turn anything around can't you. I said that is was not the only one that thought the OS had not changed in 6 years. If you like things staying the same without much change then good for you. It can be good and bad. If you can't adopt to the changes going on in your field then it is bad. If things don't change much and people tastes don't change then it is good.

cosmicjoke

macrumors 6502
Oct 3, 2011
Portland, OR
frankly phones aren't even interesting anymore, there's utterly nothing interesting or hip or cool about them unless you're a teenager and getting your first one.

it's banal and insipid to even care at this point, they are what they are and they ain't what they ain't... who cares

BaldiMac

macrumors G3
Jan 24, 2008
Wow you can turn anything around can't you. I said that is was not the only one that thought the OS had not changed in 6 years. If you like things staying the same without much change then good for you. It can be good and bad. If you can't adopt to the changes going on in your field then it is bad. If things don't change much and people tastes don't change then it is good.

:confused: Maybe you don't understand the difference between the user interface and the OS. Maybe you are just talking about the home screen.

Brounmoney

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
Maybe you don't understand the difference between the user interface and the OS. Maybe you are just talking about the home screen.

Oh so what Engadget said was wrong too? And you know everything there is to know about interface and OS?

Brounmoney

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
I don't think they said anything wrong, but they were only commenting on the basic UI.

Of course not. But I understand the difference between the homescreen/UI and the entire OS.

Yea me too but like Engadget said all they have done is add features that they have left off from before. So I do understand the home screen has not change but also the core of the way the iphone does thing has not change much.

Mliii

macrumors 65816
Jan 28, 2006
Southern California
Things like this do make me mad.

Geez, get a life...stuff like this makes you mad? Get mad at world hunger or intolerance or homelessness or unemployment or SOMETHING worth getting mad about, but Apple trying to trademark their store design getting you mad? C'mon man. Have some perspective!

Do you know how many millions of dollars Apple put into trying to trademark their store design?

So what? Why do you care? They are a business trying to make money in any way they can and aggressively protect what they perceive to be their intellectual property. Don't patronize them! Don't buy their stock! They aren't any different than EXXON or Chevron or Coca Cola or any other capitalist corporate entity.

There are millions of people without jobs and Apple is spending money on trademarking their story.

Employing thousands of people worldwide to "fight" to preserve what they believe is their intellectual capital.:rolleyes: You're angry because they aren't spending their money as YOU would...become a major shareholder and then you can have your way!
Honestly, threads like this make me laugh!:D Thanks for he entertainment! Now back to our regularly scheduled program...

Brounmoney

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
I don't think they said anything wrong, but they were only commenting on the basic UI.

Of course not. But I understand the difference between the homescreen/UI and the entire OS.

Just face Apple has created one of the greatest marketing plan of all time. We create a phone that is kind of limited in features does what most phones already have done, but wait better than they do them. Then they add features to each IOS update, features that android and other OSs already have, and tell you there are 200 new features on the new iOS. Oh and wait they did it better than the every one else.

I mean how smart is that. They convinced people like you that they overhauled iOS over the last 6 years, and while slowly adding feature that could have been there the whole time. Oh but wait they did it better than anyone else has ever done it.

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
I dunno, the Lumia 920 is $100 with wireless charging and a higher resolution screen, NFC, and arguably a nicer OS too.

The iPhone doesn't even come with iTunes on a CD anymore does it?

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State

Brounmoney

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
Interesting that you left the following out of your quote; it was even immediately after in the same paragraph:

Oh sorry my first quote still stands. I think the part that said some from 2007 and got an iphone from today and will still have not problem using it. I think that says it all.

Also when they were saying the look they were taking about an apple app not the OS. They said multitasking change the feel

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
Oh sorry my first quote still stands. I think the part that said some from 2007 and got an iphone from today and will still have not problem using it. I think that says it all.

Do you think someone from 2008, given an Android phone from today, would have a problem using it? If so, isn't that a disadvantage?

Also when they were saying the look they were taking about an apple app not the OS.
Which app?
They said multitasking change the feel
Multitasking is not an app.

Last edited:

Brounmoney

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
Do you think someone from 2008, given an Android phone from today, would have a problem using it? If so, isn't that a disadvantage?

I not that they would because jelly bean is much easier to use. Now that is not to say in 2008 android was not hard to use. I will admit that.

I will give that you do bring up a good point. I really don't know. I think it is easier to use. Also I think android has evolved really well over the years. It is much easier to use not then before.

----------

Which app?

Multitasking is not an app.

App Store is an app in the OS

I did not say multitasking was an app I said it was part of the feel. Cause that part of iOS has changed some.

Zerilos

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2012

Also when they were saying the look they were taking about an apple app not the OS. They said multitasking change the feel

Thing is, the quote wasn't a criticism of iOS nor was is it something that any of us really disagree with.

Edited was to wasn't...oppss

Last edited:

Brounmoney

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
Thing is, the quote was a criticism of iOS nor was is it something that any of us really disagree with.

You don't think it was a criticism? I kind think they were saying things have not changed much since 2007. What happens to things that don't change over time and stay the same? I have always heard they get forgotten and left behind.

Zerilos

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2012
You don't think it was a criticism? I kind think they were saying things have not changed much since 2007. What happens to things that don't change over time and stay the same? I have always heard they get forgotten and left behind.

It was a statement of fact, he never indicated that this was negative and for many people it isn't. I agree that iOS hasn't experienced any radical changes, nor has it needed any. Tweeks and the occasional additional feature have occurred but nothing to radically alter the experience...it was never broken (unlike Android). Again, this is more a matter of preference than anything else. If you're looking for a device that can kind of replace your PC or laptop then Android might be closer to what you want (though it's still a long way off), but if an emphasis on stability and battery life is more important to you then iOS should be your choice. I don't think there is a right or wrong answer, just personal preference. I've never said that there aren't quality Android devices nor have I said Android is without merit (in fact I don't think any of us have). This whole thread has been you wanting to troll on and on about Apple and iOS. I'm just here having fun pointing out the absurdity and childishness of your entire effort. If I were smart I would have given up by now, but I'm kinda enjoying this.

Brounmoney

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
It was a statement of fact, he never indicated that this was negative and for many people it isn't. I agree that iOS hasn't experienced any radical changes, nor has it needed any. Tweeks and the occasional additional feature have occurred but nothing to radically alter the experience...it was never broken (unlike Android). Again, this is more a matter of preference than anything else. If you're looking for a device that can kind of replace your PC or laptop then Android might be closer to what you want (though it's still a long way off), but if an emphasis on stability and battery life is more important to you then iOS should be your choice. I don't think there is a right or wrong answer, just personal preference. I've never said that there aren't quality Android devices nor have I said Android is without merit (in fact I don't think any of us have). This whole thread has been you wanting to troll on and on about Apple and iOS. I'm just here having fun pointing out the absurdity and childishness of your entire effort. If I were smart I would have given up by now, but I'm kinda enjoying this.

Oh you and everyone else have been trolling me. I have been told that 10 times in this thread.

You and a couple of other people have said if you want stability and battery life you want iOS. I am not so sure that is true. The best battery life I have ever gotten in smartphone was my nexus s. it was better than my iphone 3G, iphone 4, galaxy nexus, and the iphone 5. Coming from the galaxy nexus to the iphone 5 I really can't see the difference. Now I do have to say my Gnex was the unlocked GSM, so it was not like the Verizon LTE one that eat up battery. I am not sure you guys can keep using those two things as the reason you would choose iOS over android. It does not really stand up as well any more.

Brounmoney

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
So over the last 2 days I have learned a lot about the iphone 5 and what it means to it owners. I guess I could be trolling again sorry. I would like to say that I do enjoy my iphone 5 and think it is one of the best smartphones money can buy. I have said this a number of times on this thread. I can honestly say I am torn between the 2 OS. I like things about them both. When I buy an iphone 5 I know what I am getting. I know when I open the box and turn it on what the UI is for the most part going to be. For me that can be good and bad. I like new things and like to play around and figure things out, so iOS does not really do that for me. It is good because I know it will work and for the most part it is an OS that I like. Android is more of the changing OS each new phone brings maybe a little change or a big change to the os. I enjoy that cause I have to play around with it to get use to it. It can be bad because you really don't know how good it will be and how you will like it.

I admitted just as I did a couple of times in this thread that I do like the iphone 5. I am not so sure the same has been said from you guys about android. The closest thing I have seen has been if you want and OS that is more like you PC then go with android ( but it really is not that close). There is always a but after saying something good. Mostly I have Learned that my original point was proven in this thread. Sure stereotypes are not always true, but I do believe the ones that go along with the iphone are. You guys thought you were never wrong. You guys think that there is no other phone that comes close to the iphone 5, and the think you have the great phone ever made. All fine and good I would expect people to like the phone they purchased. You fit the definition of what most people think of iphone user. You got the best phone money can buy, and no body better tell me different. Lets just say I did not expect things to be too much different when I started the thread. Thanks for proven my point for me.

Zerilos

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2012
So over the last 2 days I have learned a lot about the iphone 5 and what it means to it owners. I guess I could be trolling again sorry. I would like to say that I do enjoy my iphone 5 and think it is one of the best smartphones money can buy. I have said this a number of times on this thread. I can honestly say I am torn between the 2 OS. I like things about them both. When I buy an iphone 5 I know what I am getting. I know when I open the box and turn it on what the UI is for the most part going to be. For me that can be good and bad. I like new things and like to play around and figure things out, so iOS does not really do that for me. It is good because I know it will work and for the most part it is an OS that I like. Android is more of the changing OS each new phone brings maybe a little change or a big change to the os. I enjoy that cause I have to play around with it to get use to it. It can be bad because you really don't know how good it will be and how you will like it.

I admitted just as I did a couple of times in this thread that I do like the iphone 5. I am not so sure the same has been said from you guys about android. The closest thing I have seen has been if you want and OS that is more like you PC then go with android ( but it really is not that close). There is always a but after saying something good. Mostly I have Learned that my original point was proven in this thread. Sure stereotypes are not always true, but I do believe the ones that go along with the iphone are. You guys thought you were never wrong. You guys think that there is no other phone that comes close to the iphone 5, and the think you have the great phone ever made. All fine and good I would expect people to like the phone they purchased. You fit the definition of what most people think of iphone user. You got the best phone money can buy, and no body better tell me different. Lets just say I did not expect things to be too much different when I started the thread. Thanks for proven my point for me.

I think what we've learned from all of this is that there are some android lovers who are so freakishly obsessed with Android that they'll actually go to iPhone forums and insist that iPhone users admit that android is better than iOS. They'll literally dedicate dozens of hours submitting hundreds of posts to this juvenile and pathetic effort. Why do they care so much? What is it about their lives that make them feel like they absolutely must do this? What sort of dark, pathetic existence do they live that causes them to feel this is a worthwhile use of their time? I think we should feel sad for them in a sense, but revile them at the same time. There is something that's not right with these people...something frightening. Keep in mind Brounmoney that I'm not referring to you, but to this underclass as a whole...people obsessed with demanding that their OS is superior to the point that they'll demand that others agree with them and post hundreds of responses in online forums in their efforts; a sort of twisted fanboyism. I've seen this in other places on the internet as well, where Phandroids will literally rage when anything positive is mentioned about Apple or iOS. Frequently they type in all caps (but not always) and often can barely control their anger when disagreed with. Usually they'll take on an air of superiority and disdain when they speak down to users of iOS devices. Again, I kind of feel sad for these people; fortunately I don't know any of them personally (knocking on wood right now).

People who prefer to use Android devices should be allowed to. Like I've repeated several times I have absolutely not problem with that. It's a good OS and for many people it's a better option than the alternatives. I for one vow to never go to an Android or Samsung forum and insist that they agree that my preferred OS or phone is superior. That would make me a jack***, so I just won't do it. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely believe that the iPhone 5 is the best phone on the market, but to each his own and if you disagree I can live with that. I will also now wash my hands of this thread as apparently you can keep this up indefinitely and we're just having the same conversation over and over. To be honest, it's kind of pathetic that I participated in it this long.

Brounmoney

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
I think what we've learned from all of this is that there are some android lovers who are so freakishly obsessed with Android that they'll actually go to iPhone forums and insist that iPhone users admit that android is better than iOS. They'll literally dedicate dozens of hours submitting hundreds of posts to this juvenile and pathetic effort. Why do they care so much? What is it about their lives that make them feel like they absolutely must do this? What sort of dark, pathetic existence do they live that causes them to feel this is a worthwhile use of their time? I think we should feel sad for them in a sense, but revile them at the same time. There is something that's not right with these people...something frightening. Keep in mind Brounmoney that I'm not referring to you, but to this underclass as a whole...people obsessed with demanding that their OS is superior to the point that they'll demand that others agree with them and post hundreds of responses in online forums in their efforts; a sort of twisted fanboyism. I've seen this in other places on the internet as well, where Phandroids will literally rage when anything positive is mentioned about Apple or iOS. Frequently they type in all caps (but not always) and often can barely control their anger when disagreed with. Usually they'll take on an air of superiority and disdain when they speak down to users of iOS devices. Again, I kind of feel sad for these people; fortunately I don't know any of them personally (knocking on wood right now).

People who prefer to use Android devices should be allowed to. Like I've repeated several times I have absolutely not problem with that. It's a good OS and for many people it's a better option than the alternatives. I for one vow to never go to an Android or Samsung forum and insist that they agree that my preferred OS or phone is superior. That would make me a jack***, so I just won't do it. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely believe that the iPhone 5 is the best phone on the market, but to each his own and if you disagree I can live with that. I will also now wash my hands of this thread as apparently you can keep this up indefinitely and we're just having the same conversation over and over. To be honest, it's kind of pathetic that I participated in it this long.

Good for you I am so glad you can talk about me and the suggest you are not. I do understand that you will never post on this thread again great no one ask you to in the first place. I do hope you understand iphone fanboys go on android forums all the time to bash everything android. I came on here as someone that has used both and is currently using an iphone 5. Again you and the rest of the people think that some how iphone user are more calm and would never troll a forum. Get over yourself, you are just proven to me and everyone else how I was right. You are some how above everyone else cause you own an iphone and you are prefect. you suggest iphone user would never do anything to get android user mad. Honestly you just don't get it.

BaldiMac

macrumors G3
Jan 24, 2008
Yea me too but like Engadget said all they have done is add features that they have left off from before. So I do understand the home screen has not change but also the core of the way the iphone does thing has not change much.

Once again, Engadget was referring to the basic UI which has remained relatively consistent. The don't say or imply that the OS has not improved significantly. Because that would be silly.

Just face Apple has created one of the greatest marketing plan of all time. We create a phone that is kind of limited in features does what most phones already have done, but wait better than they do them. Then they add features to each IOS update, features that android and other OSs already have, and tell you there are 200 new features on the new iOS. Oh and wait they did it better than the every one else.

I mean how smart is that. They convinced people like you that they overhauled iOS over the last 6 years, and while slowly adding feature that could have been there the whole time. Oh but wait they did it better than anyone else has ever done it.

Or, they do implement the features that people care about in a better way than Android. More features does not equal better to everyone.

I think the fact that iOS leads Android in most usage statistics, despite having a third of the market share, goes to show that Apple's implementation of the features is actually better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.