Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hephaestus

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2010
Its rumoured to have an upgraded rear camera? What? What type of sorcery is this? That will never happen.

Sheesh.. next people will be claiming it may be thinner, or even faster.

Boomish69

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2012
London
They beat Apple in sales largely on the strength of their lower cost low end smartphones. Apple still sells more iPhones than Samsung sells galaxy s models. I think Samsung is doing a lot of good things, and Apple could learn a thing or two from them but both companies are expected to see a slowdown in growth.
http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/20...slowdown-forecast-seoul-mover.html?cmpid=yhoo

I don't call 46 odd million S3's low cost smart phones, their sales went up 75% and are still rising..Apple buggered it up good & proper..

----------

90% of people in my office are on iphone, on my facebook most updates come from ios, no one posts bbm numbers anymore

also... http://www.flickr.com/cameras/

LOL your office obviously reflect the UK nation then, your obviously an accountant :)

Zerilos

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2012
lol you mean the month of December, as both of these report were from the start of December, no I think the S3 still outsold the iphone 5 in the UK, the S3 has now beat the iPhone 4s and the iPhone 5 with an S4 coming soon! I'm no Android fan but I'm not ignoring the fact the phone maybe cheap plastic Korean copy cat rubbish but it still looks a better overall design. If Apple had actually produced a proerp upgraded iPhone and OS I would have bought one as I think many others would.

Of course during the same time the iPhone outsold all other smartphones in the USA combined. The sales in the UK cannot be representative of a trend as it's economy has shrunk considerably in the past 5 years and phone sales in the UK are dwarfed by other markets now. Not saying Samsung isn't on the rise. I do get a kick out of how when Samsung brings out a new device with incremental upgrades its viewed as the best thing ever; however when Apple does the same thing its considered insufficient to the phandroid crowd.

----------

I don't call 46 odd million S3's low cost smart phones, their sales went up 75% and are still rising..Apple buggered it up good & proper..
:)

You mentioned total Samsung sales, which includes mostly low end devices (not the s series). Since the s3's release there have been way more iPhones sold than s series phones.

ctrlshft

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2010
Really hoping we see a retina mini sooner than October! It should've been retina from the start. :(

Boomish69

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2012
London
Of course during the same time the iPhone outsold all other smartphones in the USA combined. The sales in the UK cannot be representative of a trend as it's economy has shrunk considerably in the past 5 years and phone sales in the UK are dwarfed by other markets now. Not saying Samsung isn't on the rise. I do get a kick out of how when Samsung brings out a new device with incremental upgrades its viewed as the best thing ever; however when Apple does the same thing its considered insufficient to the phandroid crowd.

----------

You mentioned total Samsung sales, which includes mostly low end devices (not the s series). Since the s3's release there have been way more iPhones sold than s series phones.

You need to look at the UK and Europe, I know Aplpe and yoursefl seem to think that the iPhone only matters in the US but it doesn't The S3 and Android are making massive gains of over 100 year on year!! against the iPhone..
Yet you seem to think it's marginal..dream on mate..

Zerilos

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2012
You need to look at the UK and Europe, I know Aplpe and yoursefl seem to think that the iPhone only matters in the US but it doesn't The S3 and Android are making massive gains of over 100 year on year!! against the iPhone..
Yet you seem to think it's marginal..dream on mate..

I never said anything to disagree with your above statement. I only referred to the UK market not necessarily being indicative of worldwide trends and to the fact that the majority of Samsung's smartphones sold were still low end.

cappadonna

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2013

That was 46 million over 7 months. Apple sold more than that in a qtr. Not to say the S3 is a bad phone, it's not by any stretch of the imagination, but let's keep sales in perspective here. Samsung has a long long long way to go before they hold even the faintest candle to iPhone sales.

Smileyboy

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2008
Really hoping we see a retina mini sooner than October! It should've been retina from the start. :(

Wasn't ready...

----------

That was 46 million over 7 months. Apple sold more than that in a qtr. Not to say the S3 is a bad phone, it's not by any stretch of the imagination, but let's keep sales in perspective here. Samsung has a long long long way to go before they hold even the faintest candle to iPhone sales.

Agreed..
I am looking for a few more tech/features in my new iPhone apt-x responding to texts in apps, USB storage, better on screen keyboard and and get rid of the home button.

HurryKayne

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2010
Please Apple...:eek:

New multitasking
http://www.mod-gadget.com/auxo-jailb...titasking-ios/

New Home screen,giving choice to add live backgrounds as seen by lot of time in :rolleyes:...Android or off grid icons

Bluetooth,Wifi,hot spot..on the Home page

WIFI DIRECT to pass files over the Apple Bluetooth limitations between non Ios devices..as its done on Android...( i tend to use Bump,FileTransfer App and obviously email ) who say AIR DROP for IOs?Maybe by means of
I-Cloud to have files sync'd in the moment you create-save.

Side by Side App feature with Drag and Drop

Capacitive Ipad-IPHONE "plus" Active Stylus with a realistic tip and grip..and shape not the great one we usually see now (even if the Ipen2 on kickstarter looks very promising...)

and to drive all this beauty a new A7^^

Boomish69

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2012
London

ahh well maybe I read it wrong then I thought global sales had risen 43% with Samsung capturing 30% of that, and currently Apple have 19% while Samsung have 30.4%. but obviously thats not correct..

I never said anything to disagree with your above statement. I only referred to the UK market not necessarily being indicative of worldwide trends and to the fact that the majority of Samsung's smartphones sold were still low end.
See above..
http://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingnews/332666/smartphone-sales-exploded-in-2012-surveys

To be honest all I care about is that Apple don't stop innovating and Samsung/Android don't just steal their thunder, which is what it looks like thats happening to me. And I care more for the Mac than I do the iPhone, but if the iPhone money can help them make better Mac's and more affordable for everyone then great.

Zerilos

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2012
ahh well maybe I read it wrong then I thought global sales had risen 43% with Samsung capturing 30% of that, and currently Apple have 19% while Samsung have 30.4%. but obviously thats not correct..

See above..
http://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingnews/332666/smartphone-sales-exploded-in-2012-surveys

To be honest all I care about is that Apple don't stop innovating and Samsung/Android don't just steal their thunder, which is what it looks like thats happening to me. And I care more for the Mac than I do the iPhone, but if the iPhone money can help them make better Mac's and more affordable for everyone then great.

I never said anything to contradict these stats. I have not disagreed that Samsung sells more smartphones.

woodekm

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2008
I can only hope that the new camera is a swerve for a new larger iPhone.

Probably not though.

tekboi

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2006
EasŦcoast
It's really a bad sign when the number 1 site for apple fanaticism has a forum full of dissappointed fans bashing apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.