Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mark1478

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
Bought an open box MacBook Air i5 4gig 128 at best buy yesterday. Came with original box 870 plus 10% open box discount. Was saving for a refurb 8 gig 256 but to get one for 840 out the door I couldn't really pass it up. It only had one battery cycle and the screen was perfect. I will be using it mostly for school productivity and multi tasking maybe try out diablo on it so I'm assuming its enough. Getting used to OSX is tough though. I'm sure it's just a learning curve.
Any tips tricks etc for a first time Mac owner please share:)

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Great deal, and welcome to the Mac club! Just remember to use the command key instead of the control key and that's half the battle. Also, make good use of the touchpad. Apple's are the best in the business, and the quicker you get used to it the better.

Apple has some useful information for "switchers" here: http://www.apple.com/support/macbasics/

Is it the 13" or 11" MacBook Air?

Mark1478

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
the 13 :) I keep thinking I should return it for a pro though, the 4G of ram im not sure is enough. but i also keep telling myself this is for portability and school only, and the money i saved I can put towards an IMAC or something. I dunno lol. Thanks for the links. ill def look it up. thoughts on returning for a pro?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.