Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jwjsr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
Fairhope, Alabama
hey guys/girls
I just installed ssd in my mac mini 2012 to create fusion with the original 1tb hdd
So I booted into internet recovery with command+r and ran Disk utility but it is only recognizing the samsung 840 ssd at 256gb. It does not see it as a broken drive so it is not giving me the repair option which would create a fusion drive
Does it sound like i may have let the sata cable pop off the logic board when I was reassembling the mini?

jwjsr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
Fairhope, Alabama
You're not the first one, open it and check again.

thks will do, yes i was having some trouble with it as i didnt understand what was keeping it from popping off until i got further along in my reassembly I don't think i'll have to go as deep to check it

----------

thks will do, yes i was having some trouble with it as i didnt understand what was keeping it from popping off until i got further along in my reassembly I don't think i'll have to go as deep to check it

I also dropped it on the floor once, I hope that's not the problem?

jwjsr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
Fairhope, Alabama
How do i create fusion now

----------

I also dropped it on the floor once, I hope that's not the problem?

Whew! that was it, the sata cable had popped of the logic board. now i can't get back into internet recovery using command +R. It is not seeing it as a broken fusion drive so it is not asking me if i want to repair it. So how can i break it or how do i create fusion now

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Whew! that was it, the sata cable had popped of the logic board. now i can't get back into internet recovery using command +R. It is not seeing it as a broken fusion drive so it is not asking me if i want to repair it. So how can i break it or how do i create fusion now

In terminal, terminal should also be available as a utility tool as far as I know, there are plenty of threads on this here on MR, but sorry that I don't have links to them.

Odd though is you can not do so in Recovery, should be available.

jwjsr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
Fairhope, Alabama
In terminal, terminal should also be available as a utility tool as far as I know, there are plenty of threads on this here on MR, but sorry that I don't have links to them.

Odd though is you can not do so in Recovery, should be available.

Yeah I'm not to bright on diskutility, I am probably skipping something, I'll search around

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.