Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mac00l

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2011
China... one of the countries with more people in poverty in the world, has very few iPhone users??? Go figure...

Galaxy S3, Samsung's flagship has sold around 40 million units. iPhone 5, current Apple's flagship that has been in the market for half the time than Galaxy S3, and has sold more than 47 million units.

Without saying that iPhone 5 goes for $199 and S3 for $50 or less in most countries. At least in my country (Mexico) the iPhone 5 is sold for $400 usd and the S3 for $100 usd.

The problem of Apple and its slowdown is that their devices are today in almost all homes with enough purchasing power to get them. On the other hand Android devices are replacing dump phones of people with lower economic power.

I can see it in my home country. A few years ago you could see in the streets almost everyone with a mix of low-end Nokia dumb phones. Now it is different, now what you see is a blend of android, bb and past generation iPhones.

Of the people I know, only a few have got iPhones and switched ever since. Most people still have an iPhone.

Years to come will be interesting. Because this is how RIM's decline started as well.

BHP41

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
United States of America
Another Apple bashing thread. Who could it be by, I wonder????? :rolleyes:

Could we just ban this guy already. I believe trolling is against the rules and that's seems to be his whole purpose in life. Sad really.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
You can keep your head in the ground and keep telling yourself that or you can wake up and smell the coffee as Apple stock price continues crashing for reasons that are obvious to those who look around.

You don't need to be an expert to see that the iPhone's performance in Asian countries is dismal and is a key reason why Apple's share price has crashed.

There seems to be a pattern in your posts and its evidently anti Apple. If the alternatives are so good, why do you waste time here? It just seems like you are here purely to seek a reaction for fun. I would have better things to do with my time personally.

beosound3200

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2010
In Asia's trend-setting cities, iPhone fatigue sets in

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/01/27/us-apple-asia-idUSBRE90Q0IV20130127

http://www.techinasia.com/android-market-share-china-2012/

This confirms the other reports we've seen in the past about plummeting iPhone demand in Asian countries, such as the lack of fanfare for the iPhone 5 launch in China, and the deep cuts back in iPhone component orders. Despite what Apple's press releases lead you to think with muddied numbers, the iPhone is not doing well in Asia and is one of the many reasons why Apple stock has crashed in recent months. Shareholders see that high-end/trend setting smartphone users are switching to other platforms in droves in Asia and elsewhere. I have read so many posts from people here without a clue about why AAPL is crashing and claiming conspiracy theories and calling stock holders criminal, when it is plainly clear if only they open their eyes to what is going on around the world.

you apparently have waaaay too much time on your hands, are you one of those asian commuters begging for oversized phones just killing time? if you are, than i understand, if you arent, you should be hospitalized, case closed

for the rest of us, the best phone on the market with the best screen on the market is enough :)

but what you say should be happening... how can a premium smartphone have half a market in usa? apple should be between 10-20% market share, just like macs. cheap commuter bastards go look elsewhere. i dont want apple catering to your needs and messing up its brand. iphones should be rare. if they arent, it would appear that people are making good buying decisions, which couldnt possibly be right, they prove it in so many other ways...

BHP41

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
United States of America
There seems to be a pattern in your posts and its evidently anti Apple. If the alternatives are so good, why do you waste time here? It just seems like you are here purely to seek a reaction for fun. I would have better things to do with my time personally.

He doesn't. He posts until the mods put him in time out for a few days then he's back doing the same old s^%#. Sad existence for sure. When I was a teenager I was chasing girls and going to party's. his are spent on the Internet, on a site about products he hates, taking the time to dig up useless info and post it in here. Wait till 3:30 EST, he'll be back, that's when school let's out. It may be sooner for middle school.

beosound3200

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2010
China... one of the countries with more people in poverty in the world, has very few iPhone users??? Go figure...

Galaxy S3, Samsung's flagship has sold around 40 million units. iPhone 5, current Apple's flagship that has been in the market for half the time than Galaxy S3, and has sold more than 47 million units.

Without saying that iPhone 5 goes for $199 and S3 for $50 or less in most countries. At least in my country (Mexico) the iPhone 5 is sold for $400 usd and the S3 for $100 usd.

The problem of Apple and its slowdown is that their devices are today in almost all homes with enough purchasing power to get them. On the other hand Android devices are replacing dump phones of people with lower economic power.

I can see it in my home country. A few years ago you could see in the streets almost everyone with a mix of low-end Nokia dumb phones. Now it is different, now what you see is a blend of android, bb and past generation iPhones.

Of the people I know, only a few have got iPhones and switched ever since. Most people still have an iPhone.

Years to come will be interesting. Because this is how RIM's decline started as well.

you are correct, iphone is an expensive premium segment handset, yet it has such a large market share, smth aint right

clyde2801

macrumors 601
I have to admit, after seeing a note 2, I'm impressed with it. Wish Apple would come out with a phablet.

Use my iP5 in a holster all day with a bt headset for work, and tote an iPad3 with my out of of the office. If Apple comes out with a size that will fit in a holster that does 70% of what I need with an iPad, I'm so in.

Then again, I'm sure Apple wants to sell me an iPhone AND iPad, which is why I'm discounting all of the iPhone math/+ rumors.

thehustleman

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2013
Every time I see an Asian he or she has a GS3 or note II or even a DNA.

I never see them with iphones anymore, not even my old friend that swore the iphone was superior.

Guess he saw the light.

MacLappy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2011
Singapore
I know a couple of friends in Singapore that left the iPhone for Galaxy Note 2, not a single one left because they prefer android to iOS. Everyone that I know who switched had the same basic problem. With age and diminishing eye sight, text size on the iPhone becomes a real problem. The large display and lowish pixel density on the Galaxy Note 2 helps make everything a little easier to read. "Cannot see la, no choice lor, have to use Galaxy Note 2, so hard to use wan lei." #

johndallas999

macrumors 6502a
Oct 9, 2008
Seattle
I like that Apple is getting competition, seems like they have gotten a bit too comfortable with being on top at Apple. Seems like this type of news has driven the non Jobs approved 4" iphone and ipad mini. Although when i'm noticing people carrying smartphones in my area it's got to be 8 out of 10 being iPhones.

thehustleman

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2013
I like that Apple is getting competition, seems like they have gotten a bit too comfortable with being on top at Apple. Seems like this type of news has driven the non Jobs approved 4" iphone and ipad mini. Although when i'm noticing people carrying smartphones in my area it's got to be 8 out of 10 being iPhones.

Yeah jobs was a genius but even geniuses get arrogant and are wrong at times

I remember he swore the iphone and ipad screens were the perfect size and shouldn't change.

He was right about the ipad but the phone STILL needs a bigger screen

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Nov 15, 2012
it's too expensive for developing countries, that's why they're thinking about making cheaper iphones.

jqc

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2007
You can keep your head in the ground and keep telling yourself that or you can wake up and smell the coffee as Apple stock price continues crashing for reasons that are obvious to those who look around.

----------

You don't need to be an expert to see that the iPhone's performance in Asian countries is dismal and is a key reason why Apple's share price has crashed.

----------

Like Windows Mobile, eh? That's about the same marketshare that Apple has.

----------

I don't find you humorous.

The bigger question is, why do you seem to care so much? Are you professionally connected with Apple? A competitor?Do you own Apple stock? (then sell it and shut up!)

What are you trying to accomplish here? And no, showing other people "enlightenment and humility" is not a good answer - its just stupid.

I like apple products and reading about them but in no way dooes the fortunes of Apple affect my overall well being, sense of self worth, or overall view in life. This doesn't seem to be the case for you.

You are on an internet forum. For Apple fans. If your goal is to change the minds of apple fans who visit this forum about their products, than you a) really, really REALLY need to get a life. (seriously. get some better goals for yourself), and b) chose to do it with terrible stats and info....ON AN APPLE FOCUSED INTERNET FORUM!! the vast majority here could care less about "trend setters" in Asia (and no Im not being racist, Im Chinese, but you're on a US-based, english speaking forum so the vast majority of people who visit this site have never been to Asia and can frankly care less about what products people in those countries are buying).

If you really want to change the minds of Apple fans towards Apple products (again, if thats the case, please find something more productive to do with your life) then tell us something that relates directly to the product. Android has figured out a way to extend battery life to 5 days? OK, that is interesting and worth looking at. Android has figured out a way to beam emails directly into your brain? Ok, also interesting and worth looking at.

otherwise...shut up!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.