Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DestroVega

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
CT
Hi all, I'm a new Mac user and recently started using iMovie. It seems to be simple enough, I had exported two 4 minutes clips, cut them each to one-minute and was able the junk the portion of each video in Events that I wasn't using.

I now no longer can do it, either I don't remember how (which I can't understand) or I changed something to make it not visible.

Can anyone help? I've been trying tons of different things for a week.

I though I just dragged it to trash, it asked if I wanted to keep the part of the file in use, I can't even get to that anymore.

daybreak

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2009
Go to your hard drive and go to Movie and open it and look for your Event folder and see your clips. Then delete from there. See if that works.
It is always best to have a external drive for you video files as the take up a lot of space and can slow you computer down and the odd occasion play silly games with your work.:apple:

DestroVega

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
CT
yeah but that doesn't change the fact i was able to trash what i wasn't using just last week easily and now forgot/can't do it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.