Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

three gee s

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 29, 2013
hey all :cool:

Here is my problem. I have an iphone 3gs and I am running IOS 4.1 and NO I am not going to upgrade it anyway I am comfortable with it :mad: :mad: :mad:

I am a new iphone user. My mom gifted me this phone few months ago. She used it and there were no apps. so did I. No apps. But few weeks back from nowhere I became a book reading freak and tried to install ibooks. but it was not compatible with the verson of IOS I am using as it was upgraded.

Now my question is that how can I find Ibooks compatible with my version of IOS?

Agent OrangeZ

macrumors 68040
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
hey all :cool:

Here is my problem. I have an iphone 3gs and I am running IOS 4.1 and NO I am not going to upgrade it anyway I am comfortable with it :mad: :mad: :mad:

I am a new iphone user. My mom gifted me this phone few months ago. She used it and there were no apps. so did I. No apps. But few weeks back from nowhere I became a book reading freak and tried to install ibooks. but it was not compatible with the verson of IOS I am using as it was upgraded.

Now my question is that how can I find Ibooks compatible with my version of IOS?

You can't. Apple does this with a lot of their own Appstore apps. They want everyone to upgrade to the latest iOS.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
Yep - you're gonna have to join the 21st century.

(sigh) you do realize that every version of the iPhone was released in the 21st century, don't you? Actually, I take that back, you probably don't.

OP - Every app on the store clearly lists what software version is required to use it. No, iBooks does not work with your software version, you should be able to find third party apps that will function the same way. There's no need to update or upgrade if you don't want to unless the drawbacks from not being able to, say, read a book on your phone outweigh your other benefits from keeping a 3G.

likethesoup2

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2011
Orlando, Florida
(sigh) you do realize that every version of the iPhone was released in the 21st century, don't you? Actually, I take that back, you probably don't.

OP - Every app on the store clearly lists what software version is required to use it. No, iBooks does not work with your software version, you should be able to find third party apps that will function the same way. There's no need to update or upgrade if you don't want to unless the drawbacks from not being able to, say, read a book on your phone outweigh your other benefits from keeping a 3G.

Went right over ya . . . huh.

three gee s

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 29, 2013
thanks for all the replies.
so can anyone tell me any goos third party pdf readers? :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.