Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
So far I have read the music controls are different, and there is a gradient that is driving people nuts lol. Has anybody else found any other little graphic differences? I haven't been near a network to upgrade yet.

sundragon

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2011
Washington, DC
meanwhile Android is kicking it into higher gear with JellyBean and taking over the market.

Apple...stupid gimmicks like Siri isn't what the consumer wants...they want a more fluid and accessible OS.

iOS is dying fast...

Google's releasing stupid updates as well with Jelly Bean, the last one (4.2.1) fixed December missing from the calendar... Yes, December was missing, no beta tester figured that one before release of 4.2...

Jelly Bean 4.2.1, Jelly Bean was Google's attempt to make Android smooth like iOS, but if you're making a list - Please tell Google to fix the following on our Nexus devices:

• Bluetooth (which stopped working with 4.2),
  • Screen dimming (which happens every 5 seconds and makes the tablet unusable),
  • The battery that used to last all week and now lasts 2 days.

Considering Google's inability to release bug free software, I'm not worried about iOS just yet.

Last edited:

sorinc03

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2009
Nope. The touch is exactly the same. I got the fast diagonal swipes to screw up after the same amount of time. My wife's iPhone 5 is on 6.0.2 and it does the same thing as mine, which is on 6.1.

The touch registration still sucks.

Have you considered not doing it on purpose to break it? Why complain about something that's an issue just for those trying to break things?

nsayer

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2003
Silicon Valley
IPv6 over LTE... gone again

Damnit, Apple/Verizon have done it again. Not 3 days after releasing 6.1 with Carrier 14.0, they've unleashed Carrier 14.1 and, as 13.1 did before it, they've turned off IPv6 over LTE.

What the **** is this teasing ********, Apple?

rshroff2

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2012
Chicago, IL
I'm not seeing this. Can you please explain exactly what you see and what you're doing to see it? I don't see any difference in the volume button when I rotate my phone.

Double click the home button on the lockscreen. Look at the volume knob while moving the iPhone up and down and rotating side to side. There's a reflection effect on the knob.

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
Double click the home button on the lockscreen. Look at the volume knob while moving the iPhone up and down and rotating side to side. There's a reflection effect on the knob.

Wow - never would have noticed that.

ctone

macrumors regular
Nov 28, 2006
No improvement to the poor wifi reception on the iPhone 5 with this update. Sitting here with full wifi bars on my macbook pro, with no wifi reception at all on my iPhone 5, same as before and same on 2 other iPhone 5's on several wifi networks.

Aniseedvan

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2012
UK
Very underwhelming, I'm in the UK so fandango isnt an option.

Fully charged ip5 last night was at 40% by 9.30 this morning, I sincerely hope this was a glitch as usually I can go two days on one charge (BT, location services, push, you name it all switched on, but fairly light usage most of the day as I have an ipad)..

Steve121178

macrumors 603
Apr 13, 2010
Bedfordshire, UK
No improvement to the poor wifi reception on the iPhone 5 with this update. Sitting here with full wifi bars on my macbook pro, with no wifi reception at all on my iPhone 5, same as before and same on 2 other iPhone 5's on several wifi networks.

The antennas Apple use are cheap so no amount of software updates will fix this. Maybe they will use higher quality ones in the 5S, or maybe they will just use the same inadequate ones?

reggoboy

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2009
iOS 6 broke lots of Bluetooth functionality with audio systems (play/pause, MP3 tags, etc).

Does anyone know if this was fixed in 6.1?

I just spoke with Jim in Alpine support. He said that he thinks the firmware fix for this (known) problem should be out within a week, since he sees that the manual that goes along with it is complete.

Unfortunately, it will require a Windows-based PC to do the firmware update. But regardless, hopefully it will fix the Bluetooth.

mossme89

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2009
But at what cost? You have a big brick oozing through your pockets.

Nah, most of my apps were free. I redownloaded them on Android. Just tired of iOS and want a bigger screen. 3.5" is too small and I doubt 4" is much better.

Tinmania

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2011
Aridzona
meanwhile Android is kicking it into higher gear with JellyBean and taking over the market.

Apple...stupid gimmicks like Siri isn't what the consumer wants...they want a more fluid and accessible OS.

iOS is dying fast...
A year ago this comment would have been blasphemy here. Now it has close to 60 up votes. Interesting.

Michael

BaldiMac

macrumors G3
Jan 24, 2008
A year ago this comment would have been blasphemy here. Now it has close to 60 up votes. Interesting.

And yet almost 60% of Android users are still on Gingerbread or earlier. And 4-5 times as many devices use iOS 6 than Jelly Bean. Maybe the alleged feature advantages of Android aren't what people are looking for. Maybe it's just cheaper and more widely distributed.

Tinmania

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2011
Aridzona
And yet almost 60% of Android users are still on Gingerbread or earlier. And 4-5 times as many devices use iOS 6 than Jelly Bean. Maybe the alleged feature advantages of Android aren't what people are looking for. Maybe it's just cheaper and more widely distributed.

What exactly does that have to do with my post?? If you want to reply to the message I replied to you are free to do that. You know, just like I did.

Michael

BaldiMac

macrumors G3
Jan 24, 2008
What exactly does that have to do with my post?? If you want to reply to the message I replied to you are free to do that. You know, just like I did.l

You highlighted a post. I commented on it. Pretty straightforward. Sorry you don't approve of my decision. :)

Mackan

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2007
The antennas Apple use are cheap so no amount of software updates will fix this. Maybe they will use higher quality ones in the 5S, or maybe they will just use the same inadequate ones?

With the price they charge for an iPhone there should be no cheap parts... I am surprised to hear about these kind of problems, year after year.

Bevz

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2007
UK
Wait for the neural implant seeing as you're too bored with typing in a search form.

What search form? The iPad video app hasn't got one! I'd be pretty happy with a search form to be honest; in the meantime i'd settle for Siri or a Neural impact since a search form appears beyond them ;)

L

lukemcurley

6.1 Update fixed the muffled audio my iPhone 5 experienced, it muffled my voice when I made calls. I've called a few people and all confirmed the audio is now crystal clear.

----------

Following up on the voice quality issue: I've made a few calls since updating to 6.1 and the feedback (so far) is 100% positive.

Here's to hoping this is well and truly fixed.

Same here.

smithrh

macrumors 68030
Feb 28, 2009
6.1 Update fixed the muffled audio my iPhone 5 experienced, it muffled my voice when I made calls. I've called a few people and all confirmed the audio is now crystal clear.

Interestingly (and sadly) enough, after a period of time where people were commenting on how good my audio was, I'm now back to having crappy audio, and I'm force to continue using a headset.

Sigh.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.