Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

terry8000

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2013
The link, it seems the price has lowered.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Luxury-Takt...er_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item51a7763490

I never wanted to buy replica, i thought it was original thing. Please read my reply before commenting.

This case is for the iphone 4 not the 5. At least the one shown in the ad is. And all the silver colored taktik-type ones online are aluminum (or other metal) from what Ive seen. I would be interested to see some pics of what the case actual is like though.

wrkactjob

macrumors 65816
Feb 29, 2008
London
Yeah these cases aren't meant to be waterproof at all in fact even on the original design they feature completely open area over the rear camera port. The case would fill with water if you showered with it. Also the case should be plastic polymer. Not sure you ordered the same case. Are you perhaps thinking of a life proof? Post the eBay link.

TAKTIK® EXTREME for iPhone 5 offers the highest level of overall protection in our TAKTIK Series. EXTREME delivers refined and ultra-rugged protection from impact, drops and screen damage as well as water and dust ingression.

https://www.lunatik.com/products/taktik-extreme?variant=68

itzAstonish

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 23, 2012
TAKTIK® EXTREME for iPhone 5 offers the highest level of overall protection in our TAKTIK Series. EXTREME delivers refined and ultra-rugged protection from impact, drops and screen damage as well as water and dust ingression.

https://www.lunatik.com/products/taktik-extreme?variant=68

And right under the picture it says

"FEATURES
Corning® Gorilla® Glass Impact Lens For Screen Protection | High Impact Ballistic Bezels | 9mm Patent-Pending Impact Truss | Water + Dust Resistant Membranes | Sealed Audio & Charging Ports | Secure Screw Closure | Direct Access To All iPhone 5 Ports & Features | Ringer Silencer Switch
MATERIALS"

Resistant....not proof

terry8000

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2013
I messaged lunatik regarding the design aspects of the taktik5 case. They informed me that there is no barrier over the rear camera/ flash/rear mic port. As stated there is a microphone hole back there, thereby providing direct access for water to enter the phone, nevermind the fact that having an uncovered rear camera hole provides direct access for water to enter the case. Thats why i stated it the way i did. What they should have said, which would be more accurate is "water resistant if you splash a small amount of water on the face of the phone only". According to the information i recieved from lunatik this past monday this is the design, unless i was ill informed ir the shipped design varies from the proposed design.

itzAstonish

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 23, 2012
I messaged lunatik regarding the design aspects of the taktik5 case. They informed me that there is no barrier over the rear camera/ flash/rear mic port. As stated there is a microphone hole back there, thereby providing direct access for water to enter the phone, nevermind the fact that having an uncovered rear camera hole provides direct access for water to enter the case. Thats why i stated it the way i did. What they should have said, which would be more accurate is "water resistant if you splash a small amount of water on the face of the phone only". According to the information i recieved from lunatik this past monday this is the design, unless i was ill informed ir the shipped design varies from the proposed design.

Nah, you're on the money with your logic actually. For those on the fence, buy the case. I don't see how the taktik official can be any better, seriously. This is what I was expecting from the taktik and I got it for half the cost. Doesn't benefit me in anyway if you guys get it or not, so keep that in mind cause I know I sound like in trying to sell it lol I'm just an early adopter and this is the sort of nudge/feedback I'd want if I were waiting for reviews.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Did you see the pictures of the real deal from Lunatik's kickstarter page?

Quite different from all the Fakes being sold.

wrkactjob

macrumors 65816
Feb 29, 2008
London
For those on the fence, buy the case. I don't see how the taktik official can be any better, seriously....

Did you see the pictures of the real deal from Lunatik's kickstarter page?

Quite different from all the Fakes being sold.

Yeah look at these two pics, you can tell the quality is just the same I don't see how the Taktik can be any better either.....er I think.

Fake:

Real:

the same.

itzAstonish

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 23, 2012
I'm at my girlfriends, don't have my dslr, but I really don't think it looks different than the case on taktik a site...idk if that was sarcasm though lol

I guess you'll see when you get yours soon enough :p

Mack813

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2013
havent been on this thread in awhile but I'm still happy with the case no problems at all..

and hooterville sounds mad because we are happy with a replica case for less than retail and he bought the case from lunatik for more than $100 and still doesnt have a case lol.. just my .02 cents :D

terry8000

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2013
well the area around the earpiece/facetime camera is slightly different from the taktik 5pics from the lunatik site, now whether the shipped lunatik cases indeed bear that small difference remains to be seen. However in my estimation and from emailing lunatik to obtain as current info as possible on the design of the taktik 5, there is only that minor difference which is simply cosmetic so I am more than happy wih saving myself a lot of money, but more than that I am thrilled to see my case actually moving across the ocean to my house via post and not waiting on maybes and imaginary deadlines, thats the main reason why lunatik lost my business. If I cant depend on someone Im sure not going to give them my money. This is business and I need results or why am I giving someone my money?

The attached picture highlights the only difference I was able to find.

Attachments

• taktik5comparison.jpg
    taktik5comparison.jpg
    281.2 KB · Views: 751

terry8000

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2013
top pic is the pic is the onle they show on the lunatik site and the bottom one is the one I have seen from ebay and from the buyers on here who have actually ordered the ebay model. For me thats not a significant enough change to make me feel one way or the other about the case. It is the same for all intents and purposes. I mean whats the real one gonna be made out of? some next gen polymer? I dont need fancy construction, I need a plastic case that will last me 2.5 years with a silicone frame to absorb shocks and a nice glass screen cover to i can enjoy the amazing screen on the iphone5 if its got that then Im happy.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Here are the two pictures showing the "Real" production TakTik Extreme cases for the iPhone 5. The packaging is completely different then the fakes and the area around the front camera has that extra little loop deal.

TK01.jpg

TK02.jpg

terry8000

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2013
Never seen those pocs before. Good stuff. Whered you get them? It looks like someone got their order already. Def post the link Id be anxious to keep up to date on real user reviews.

Mack813

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2013
got my wife this one came today

Attachments

• photo 2-1.JPG
    photo 2-1.JPG
    763.9 KB · Views: 216
  • photo 3-1.JPG
    photo 3-1.JPG
    779.8 KB · Views: 200
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    649.6 KB · Views: 236
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    561.4 KB · Views: 203
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    800.3 KB · Views: 216

terry8000

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2013
awesome! any quality differences on the colored versions? cuz theyre pretty cool. Did you get it from the same seller? or is there another recommended link too? Also what was the average shipping time for you? Im assuming you live in the US? Im in Ontario, Canada and trying to get a idea of timeframe (getting impatient for mine lol)

OH btw Hooterville I found those pics I was asking you about they are from the kickstarter update page, I always forget to check there lol.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.