Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adnbek

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2011
Montreal, Quebec
Ivory tusks. Those poor elephants... :(

On the bright side, there should be no doubt that Apple uses but the best quality materials.

Radiating

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2011
The iPhone 4S was painted white with a special type of paint on the back of the glass.

The iPhone 5 is made of ceramic glass. (think toilet bowl)

bonskovsky

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 31, 2012
The iPhone 4S was painted white with a special type of paint on the back of the glass.

The iPhone 5 is made of ceramic glass. (think toilet bowl)

On the back of the glass? It looks like something is behind the glass though not just painted on the back.

iphone5.png

Last edited:

lunaoso

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
Boston, MA
It is made from the souls of ancient Spartan warriors, which is in an eternal state of ambient glow. This is placed under reflective glass to give the appearance of a white iPhone. If you hold it right, you can hear a faint battle cry given by a warrior just before war.

:apple:

This is what makes bonskovsky threads great. Still laughing after that answer! :D

techstyle

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2013
Bay Area
Gorilla glass is strong enough for gorillas and not humans. Gorillas are smarter they still live the leisurely life. They have land disputes like humans but they settle out of court with a couple of friendly fights. They never get married but stay loyal. They actually don't eat bananas in the wild. Gorillas don't wear any clothing but don't appear naked. Lucky gorillas ;gorilla glass is not stupid proof.

macs4nw

macrumors 601
It is made from the souls of ancient Spartan warriors, which is in an eternal state of ambient glow. This is placed under reflective glass to give the appearance of a white iPhone. If you hold it right, you can hear a faint battle cry given by a warrior just before war. :apple:

Seeing as the downvote button is gone. I had to make my own.

1Image

Be a good sport. When you ask a silly question, expect silly, hilarious answers.
Radiating below, has your 'serious' answer.

The iPhone 4S was painted white with a special type of paint on the back of the glass.....

ggmissmolly

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2011
Lexington, KY
Actually it is your brain. Apple just prints the color on the box and that's what you believe when you look at it. All iPhones are the same color...a dark Army green and the rest is brain control. They are far advanced in their technology of suggestion. Next version will be no phone at all, just your imagination. Bye bye Sammy. They are going to make your phones appear to be road kill.

eawmp1

macrumors 601
Feb 19, 2008
FL
On the back of the glass? It looks like something is behind the glass though not just painted on the back

If you are so disbelieving of the correct answer, buy a white iPhone and take it apart. An expensive lesson to quell your skepticism, to be sure, but it would end this thread.

bonskovsky

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 31, 2012
Apple is not one of the companies listed as made with Gorilla Glass.

CatsTide

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2012
It is made from the souls of ancient Spartan warriors, which is in an eternal state of ambient glow. This is placed under reflective glass to give the appearance of a white iPhone. If you hold it right, you can hear a faint battle cry given by a warrior just before war.

:apple:

Thank God! I thought I was losing my mind.

----------

This thread is racist

Only if they start saying one is better than the other.

bonskovsky

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 31, 2012
I like the white iPhone because it's not completely white it's actually two tone. Really it's great but it looks better.

And they said Apple didn't innovate. :rolleyes:

bonskovsky

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 31, 2012
And it clearly states on that list that not all companies that use it are listed.

Keep on trolling.

Are you sure you are not trolling?

Since when does that mean that Apple is using it? You dope.

Also, who cares about gorilla glass 2 when gorilla glass 3 is already out. Gorilla glass 3 is supposed to have an antimicrobial coating.

acorntoy

macrumors 68010
May 25, 2010
Are you sure you are not trolling?

Since when does that mean that Apple is using it? You dope.

Also, who cares about gorilla glass 2 when gorilla glass 3 is already out. Gorilla glass 3 is supposed to have an antimicrobial coating.

Corning employees in Kentucky and New York who create the majority of the glass for iPhone

From apples job creation page. I Think we can make an educated guess here ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.