Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gorlitsa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 1, 2013
I am trying to find an app that will allow me to type (and can handle superscripts and subscripts - extra symbols would also be great) AND can let me write or draw on the page.

I am using notability right now, but it can't to the scientific writing, and trying to edit things is a mess. Is there a better option out there?

jojoba

macrumors 68000
Dec 9, 2011
You could have a look at Circus Ponies Notebooks. They do sub and superscript as well as hand writing. Their hand writing feature is not very good, though - compared to Notability it is very poor, so it would depend on whether you are just sketching a few diagrams or if you are using the hand writing feature extensively.

----------

I also really like 7NotesHD, but when I looked at it now I couldn't figure out whether it does the sub and superscript - it might not.

----------

What I do sometimes I combined Evernote and Notability - I take notes in Evernote, and then integrate hand writing as images or PDFs. Of course whether that's feasible depends on how much you switch between the two within a note.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.