Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ttexxan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 18, 2012
Went to apple store to talk to Genius Bar about clicking noise heard after phone vibrates. Noticed while receiving text while on phone call. It can also be duplicated while holding phone up to ear and toggling mute switch. Listen to click at end of vibration. Noticed on all demo phones at the apple store has as well. Cause????

aquadisiac

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2009
US
Went to apple store to talk to Genius Bar about clicking noise heard after phone vibrates. Noticed while receiving text while on phone call. It can also be duplicated while holding phone up to ear and toggling mute switch. Listen to click at end of vibration. Noticed on all demo phones at the apple store has as well. Cause????

search feature....:confused:

dotme

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
Iowa
Sorry, but why would I hold the phone up to my ear when toggling a mute switch?

Of course, I didn't put my phone under a microscope when I got it either - which some people here seem to do. Honestly some days this place blows my mind.

Back on-topic, if you have verified that every phone you listened to does this, I'd venture to guess that is it normal and the best solutions would be to either not hold the phone close to your ear when you do it (if it troubles you) or simply cough loudly like you're trying to mask breaking wind.

ttexxan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 18, 2012
When talking on the phone it's very noticeable when a text comes in and phone vibrates.

S

syd430

Yes I noticed this . Nowhere near a big enough issue to warrant going to the Genius Bar though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.