Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OSMac

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2010
No interest in a S4.
My Note II is great, but would like to get away from Android and back to iOS.

Hopefully Apple will offer a 5"+ phone soon.

Dave.UK

macrumors 65816
Sep 24, 2012
Kent, UK
Long as the GS4 has a removable battery and microSD slot I'm getting it.

Very bad move OEMs are taking with making non removable batteries

Here Here!

Loved the S2, currently have the S3 and will defiantly be getting the S4 when it comes out. (As long as it still has removable battery and microSD slot)

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
Such high enthusiasm here, I'm also looking forward to the release! No one even knows how the phone looks like & everyone is already itching to get their hands on it. Tremendous lot of pressure on poor Samsung to deliver a good phone. -.-

vikingjunior

Cancelled
Original poster
Aug 17, 2011
Such high enthusiasm here, I'm also looking forward to the release! No one even knows how the phone looks like & everyone is already itching to get their hands on it. Tremendous lot of pressure on poor Samsung to deliver a good phone. -.-

If the Note2 is any indication of what the S4 may be then the S4 is going to be a winner.

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
I'm excited to see what Samsung releases but since I just upgraded to the Note II, it'll be hard for me to switch. I'll probably just enjoy my Note and wait for the Note III, iPhone, Nexus announcements.

Dmaynard83

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2012
I want to know what the killer feature will be for people to upgrade from the S3 to the S4.

Faster processor, better camera.. Meh.

All that **** is a given, and currently the S3 and processor, ram is all fine as it stands. It's not like apps, games run/load slow.

So i wanna know what the killer feature will be.

thehustleman

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2013
I want to know what the killer feature will be for people to upgrade from the S3 to the S4.

All that **** is a given, and currently the S3 and processor, ram is all fine as it stands. It's not like apps, games run/load slow.

Same here.

I think it's going to be a phone for galaxy S II users more than gs3 users considering the galaxy S 2 users are coming out of contract.

Tulani

macrumors 68000
Dec 6, 2012
You gotta start fearing for apple given this overwhelming anticipation ....

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England

I just wish they would put a bit more thought into some of the features they do add. Double tap to top gesture is good, but it only works in a few of Samsungs own apps. Should have implemented it for every list!

You gotta start fearing for apple given this overwhelming anticipation ....

*sigh*

Dmaynard83

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2012
I just wish they would put a bit more thought into some of the features they do add. Double tap to top gesture is good, but it only works in a few of Samsungs own apps. Should have implemented it for every list!

*sigh*

Agreed.

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
Samsung is gonna pull an Apple iPhone 4S and do small upgrades only...

This is probably going to become more and more true. I don't know where else they can take it. They're already offering a lineup of different phone sizes to cater to different needs, bringing screens to 1080p...

I guess they can make it nicer looking, more durable, use better materials, make it waterproof (like the Xperia Z), improve wireless charging capabilities, and most importantly, improve software, improve battery life even more, improve camera...

There's still room for growth, but it's definitely reaching a bit of a plateau. Debatable.

Tulani

macrumors 68000
Dec 6, 2012
Don't you think Samsung deserves respect? ....in as much as we like Apple

Don't look down on them so much

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
Don't you think Samsung deserves respect? ....in as much as we like Apple

Don't look down on them so much

They've effectively won me over. I am likely getting the S4 (Xperia Z is a close second choice). :) I just hope they get rid of the physical home button (a step back from capacitive buttons, in my opinion), and find a way to get as reputable battery life as their Note II gets. I'm more or less sold if they can hit those two points.

I owned a Samsung Galaxy Nexus a while back but I don't consider that decision a Samsung-related decision. It was more a Google-related decision; I wanted a Nexus phone.

If people think Samsung did well in 2012, I predict 2013 will really make it for them. More eyes are on them now than ever. "Samsung" has become a household name (according to a recent study). If they can knock the S4 and Note III out of the ballpark this year, it'll be wild.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Long as the GS4 has a removable battery and microSD slot I'm getting it.

Very bad move OEMs are taking with making non removable batteries

yeah the SD slot is a big thing for me..and the big screen size which will be basically a 5 inch screen.

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England
Not waiting but I'm interested to see what they come up with.

I will be tempted I'm sure, but I really shouldn't buy yet another new phone - such a waste of money :p

Dmaynard83

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2012
Not waiting but I'm interested to see what they come up with.

I will be tempted I'm sure, but I really shouldn't buy yet another new phone - such a waste of money :p

Same.

But I haven't heard anything that is a game changer yet. Just the normal run of the mill stuff. Faster. Better processor. Better camera. Meh.

I want to hear that killer feature that will make me want to upgrade. As it is I haven't heard a peep that has made me interested.

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Same.

But I haven't heard anything that is a game changer yet. Just the normal run of the mill stuff. Faster. Better processor. Better camera. Meh.

I want to hear that killer feature that will make me want to upgrade. As it is I haven't heard a peep that has made me interested.

Flexible screen?

Dmaynard83

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2012
Flexible screen?

Is this confirmed? Flexible screen sounds interesting but I would like to see its practical application. Like how will having a flexible screen be useful to me in my real life scenarios?

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Is this confirmed? Flexible screen sounds interesting but I would like to see its practical application. Like how will having a flexible screen be useful to me in my real life scenarios?

I don't think it is but you likely won't hear anything confirmed till they announce the phone in their keynote. I don't really know what useful applications it may have but it would likely mean you won't have to worry half as much about breaking your phones screen.

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England
I don't think it is but you likely won't hear anything confirmed till they announce the phone in their keynote. I don't really know what useful applications it may have but it would likely mean you won't have to worry half as much about breaking your phones screen.

This! If its flexible you could probably fling it at a wall and it should survive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.