Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jan 4, 2002
CT
It's 20 years in the future and know without a shadow of a doubt that the world would end in a week. Should all of the famous secrets come out. Area 51, the formula for Coke, all that Apple has hidden behind the curtain. Should these secrets go down in flames or should the world get to know every secret that was ever kept.

Last edited:

Sideonecincy

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2003
If its the last week on earth, I could care less what the secret formula for coke is or what apple has in store. I would like to know some government secrets.

sammich

macrumors 601
Sep 26, 2006
Sarcasmville.
I know this is going to be mildly pedantic, but if it were an asteroid/meteorite, we would've known it's trajectory and impact point for years in advance. Especially if it's big enough to cause a calamity.

Honestly, my mind is sort of thinking of all the possibilities. When, then, would it be the best time to let the public know of this event?

A more plausible* 'instakill' event would be a record Coronal Mass Ejection directed at Earth when our magnetic field is so weak it has no chance of repelling it.

*possible/less likely to provide any significant survivors in the long term, and far less loose ends.

Less pedantic answer? I'd like to know about the location of the arks.

Last edited:

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
A sea of green
If its the last week on earth, I could care less what the secret formula for coke is or what apple has in store. I would like to know some government secrets.

I'd only care about the secrets that can destroy an asteroid hurtling towards earth, or that can block a coronal mass ejection, or whatever. Anything else, so what? Everyone will be dead in a week. What would anyone do with the information? Start a protest movement? Overthrow the government? Be outraged around the water cooler at work? None of those will exist in a week, either. Utility trumps futility.

rei101

macrumors 6502a
Dec 24, 2011
Last week of earth?

I would take care of some people to make them leave early.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
We see the big astroid hurtling towards us. Do we deserve to know everything that was ever kept from us.

If there were one week till the end I don't think there would be the societal order we have now and those secrets wouldn't matter one bit.

People would be running around trying to be the lone survivor.

eric/

Sep 19, 2011
Ohio, United States
If there were one week till the end I don't think there would be the societal order we have now and those secrets wouldn't matter one bit.

People would be running around trying to be the lone survivor.

Probably true, I saw a good movie on that, can't remember the name though but it was kinda indie.

But man, I would love to know that stuff. If I had the opportunity to go find out, I would do it. No point in sitting around doing drugs or whatever.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
Back to the subject.

I think I'd like to know about area 51 even though I don't think there's any alien stuff there.

I would love to go behind Apple's black curtain.

The.316

macrumors 65816
Jul 14, 2010
25100 GR
I want to know about the Kennedy assassination, that intrigues me the most. I know some of the records will be released in four years, but even so, we will never know what really happened.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.