Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Here's a couple pics of the charcoal Nedrelow Sleeve I just received today. I really like the simplicity of it. (Sorry for the poor lighting.)

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    310.6 KB · Views: 188
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    404.9 KB · Views: 169

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Hello! How does the iPad fit without the smartcover?

Very well. When ordering you can specify if you want one with or without a Smart Cover as they are made to order. I got the one fit for a SC as I use it as keyboard stand all the time.

Looks great! Love how all the colors flow.

Thanks. I figured the charcoal would look good with my dark gray SC and black iPad mini and I was right. :) I have another gray sleeve I purchased on Etsy, but I think this one will get more use.

phonewentwest

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
Just received the stm d7 jacket/sleeve today.

So far loving it. It has plenty of room for the mini with Smart Cover and switcheasy coverbuddy. Has room for an even thicker case too I think but it's not overly large. Has a couple small pockets and a shoulder strap if your into that.

Hazy... Totally missed your message about your sleeve but thanks anyway!

Macgeek1

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2013
+2 for Saddleback. There's noone even matching the leather quality of these guys. You have to pay quite a bit for it though.

-1 for Saddleback,
Honestly their stuff isn't made in America, and their leather
is ok quality imo. I'd rather support a handmade leather craftsman,
not one that sources their stuff to factories in china

Nimrad

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2010
-1 for Saddleback,
Honestly their stuff isn't made in America, and their leather
is ok quality imo. I'd rather support a handmade leather craftsman,
not one that sources their stuff to factories in china

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. Their stuff is made in Mexico, and that's where it all started. It's handcrafted by the second best leather available and they give you 100 years warranty on it. I've never seen anybody do it better and I've really looked around.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
Hi all -
New user here... my husband and I run ReFleece, and y'all have been talking about our sleeves. Thanks for your kind words about our little company. To answer the questions: our sleeves are made for naked iPads OR to fit the Smart Cover. Same with the minis. They are made from used Patagonia jackets, cleaned, cut and pressed into recycled felt. Super lightweight, water resistant, and soft on the inside. And the colors are original, so no new dyes are used to make them. http://www.refleece.com. Thanks, and hope you like them!

Got my dark gray/red. Really like it. Very good quality.

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
Waterfield all the way. These things are A-class for sure.

http://sfbags.com/products/ipad-cases/ipad-cases.php

I have the simple slip case. They make them in a couple different sizes (bare mini, or smart covered mini). They are snug. Perfect for travel. And the inside is SUPER soft and actually cleans the iPad when as you push and pull it out.

I've been using Waterfield sleeves & bags for years. Besides being a very precise fit, the very high quality materials, design & construction equal years of use while looking good as new. It's a great company that provides the same excellent customer service as Apple.

----------

These are kind of cool: http://www.refleece.com/products/ipad-mini-sleeve. Made from recycled Patagonia jackets.

Wow! It's the exact same color as my favorite Patagonia I had for years.

Finally replaced it six months ago, I must say it looks great on you're iPad :D

somnambulist

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2013
Yup I can recommend a sleeve but it's intended for a regular-sized iPad but will surely fit the mini.

It might wiggle around a little bit but will keep your mini protected snuggly on the front, back, and sides....kind of like being inside a pouch of a kangaroo lol

It's called the Sereno!

rockyroad55

macrumors 601
Jul 14, 2010
Phila, PA
You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. Their stuff is made in Mexico, and that's where it all started. It's handcrafted by the second best leather available and they give you 100 years warranty on it. I've never seen anybody do it better and I've really looked around.

A nice leather sleeve is also made by The Leather Shop

cheapa55

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2007
I bought one of these and couldn't be happier, it was exactly what I wanted. I also bought one of the Nedrelow sleeves. I much prefer the one form Refleece. My Nedrelow will be headed to eBay.

Thanks! Good to know. I was actually also considering the Nedrelow. I'll post a review when my refleece arrives.

cheapa55

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2007
So I finally took some time to take a couple of pictures of the new Refleece iPad sleeve.

I already have a similar sleeve but I was looking for something new that I could just put the iPad in when in transport. I like using my iPad semi naked (I protect it with powersupport front and a sticker boy back film) and I didn't want anything like a TPU case or other similar cases that would make the iPad mini bulky.

First impression is that the case is made of high quality and it is well thought out. I love the concept of using recycled material. I would have never guessed that the sleeve was once a jacket or other fleece material. It's very light, clean and simple. There is a small flap with a plastic snap. I really like this option compared to my other sleeve which uses a metal snap. I am confident that nothing on this sleeve will scratch my iPad.

The sleeve has a good snug fit. It is also designed to work with the smart cover so that is a plus. When the iPad is in the sleeve, it still does not add much bulk and it's easy to carry around and throw it in my bag for work or travel. I would not be worried if I dropped my iPad while in the sleeve. There is enough protection there that the iPad should no suffer any damage.

Overall I'm very happy with the sleeve and the price is much more affordable than other similar sleeves out there. I hope they start making something similar for the macbooks and iPhone.

Attachments

• iPad mini Refleece 1.jpg
    iPad mini Refleece 1.jpg
    840.6 KB · Views: 181
  • iPad mini Refleece 2.jpg
    iPad mini Refleece 2.jpg
    394.5 KB · Views: 161
  • iPad mini Refleece 3.jpg
    iPad mini Refleece 3.jpg
    801.5 KB · Views: 148
  • iPad mini Refleece 4.jpg
    iPad mini Refleece 4.jpg
    769.4 KB · Views: 194

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
So I finally took some time to take a couple of pictures of the new Refleece iPad sleeve.

I already have a similar sleeve but I was looking for something new that I could just put the iPad in when in transport. I like using my iPad semi naked (I protect it with powersupport front and a sticker boy back film) and I didn't want anything like a TPU case or other similar cases that would make the iPad mini bulky.

First impression is that the case is made of high quality and it is well thought out. I love the concept of using recycled material. I would have never guessed that the sleeve was once a jacket or other fleece material. It's very light, clean and simple. There is a small flap with a plastic snap. I really like this option compared to my other sleeve which uses a metal snap. I am confident that nothing on this sleeve will scratch my iPad.

The sleeve has a good snug fit. It is also designed to work with the smart cover so that is a plus. When the iPad is in the sleeve, it still does not add much bulk and it's easy to carry around and throw it in my bag for work or travel. I would not be worried if I dropped my iPad while in the sleeve. There is enough protection there that the iPad should no suffer any damage.

Overall I'm very happy with the sleeve and the price is much more affordable than other similar sleeves out there. I hope they start making something similar for the macbooks and iPhone.

I agree, I really like this sleeve as well. Way more flexible.

P0stalTek

Suspended
Feb 25, 2011
Hi all -
New user here... my husband and I run ReFleece, and y'all have been talking about our sleeves. Thanks for your kind words about our little company. To answer the questions: our sleeves are made for naked iPads OR to fit the Smart Cover. Same with the minis. They are made from used Patagonia jackets, cleaned, cut and pressed into recycled felt. Super lightweight, water resistant, and soft on the inside. And the colors are original, so no new dyes are used to make them. http://www.refleece.com. Thanks, and hope you like them!

I do not see an option for Smart Cover. I actually have a versa cover which is a thin back protection with a Smart Cover like front. Will your sleeves work with that? Do I need to put the information about Smart Cover size in the special instructions area while ordering?

joshi3joshi

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2007

really appreciate the review and pics! I am looking forward to getting my case today, just ordered one today. How long did shipping take for you? And also, do you think a smart cover on my mini would still fit in the Refleece case?

cheapa55

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2007
really appreciate the review and pics! I am looking forward to getting my case today, just ordered one today. How long did shipping take for you? And also, do you think a smart cover on my mini would still fit in the Refleece case?

The smart cover will definitely fit in the refleece case. They also advertise it as fitting the smart cover so there should be no problem there. The shipping to me took almost a week I think but it came from the east coast and I'm in CA.

joshi3joshi

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2007
The smart cover will definitely fit in the refleece case. They also advertise it as fitting the smart cover so there should be no problem there. The shipping to me took almost a week I think but it came from the east coast and I'm in CA.

Cool, thanks for the info! I'm in CA too, so guess I'll have to wait about a week. I had trouble deciding between charcoal/red and charcoal/deep blue, but after looking at your pictures again and again, I decided to go with red just because it really looks nice.

I have one last question, what is the material like on the inside where the screen is touching? I'm guessing its not microfiber, but just hoping that it's some kind of felt that won't scratch the ipad screen over time.

cheapa55

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2007
Cool, thanks for the info! I'm in CA too, so guess I'll have to wait about a week. I had trouble deciding between charcoal/red and charcoal/deep blue, but after looking at your pictures again and again, I decided to go with red just because it really looks nice.

I have one last question, what is the material like on the inside where the screen is touching? I'm guessing its not microfiber, but just hoping that it's some kind of felt that won't scratch the ipad screen over time.

They call it a new kind of felt. It's recycled fleece. It's soft and I doubt it would scratch the iPad. It feels like it polishes my iPad every time I put it in and take it out. I think you made a good choice in the color. I love mine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.