Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kelsmom18

macrumors newbie
Dec 26, 2012
North Carolina
Mine went to "Preparing for Shipment" on a Sat am and to "Shipped" on the Mon. Total of 2 days. Not long. :eek: Ordered on Dec 26th - received Jan 16th.

WizardHunt

macrumors 68000
May 11, 2007
Las Vegas, Nevada USA
Mine hasn't shipped yet. Don't know what the factory is doing. Base 27" with 1 TB Fusion drive.

since yours is Base model with 1TB Fusion it will probably ship faster or before mine since mine is Maxed out version 3.4 Ghz GTX 680MX, 3TB no fusion. I am thinking now the no fusion is the hold up, They probably have thousands standing by with the fusion drive in it, but not many with just a 3 TB hd no fusion. . . so I am willing to bet that yours ordered on the 16th or 17th will ship before mine ordered on 15th. Good for you :), Not so good for me :(.

jonfarr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2012
Portland
I ordered January 23rd, went preparing on Feb 2nd and it shipped on the 4th.
I got a base 21" with a fusion drive and 16GB RAM.

Last edited:

WizardHunt

macrumors 68000
May 11, 2007
Las Vegas, Nevada USA
It Finally Moves to Prepared for Shipment!!!

Finally!!! it Moved from Processing Items to Prepared for Shipment at 11:30 pm just before I was about to call it a night. Maybe with some luck it will ship out tomorrow or on Wednesday at latest. Anyway I am relieved a little bit now. It will not be long now. I ordered Express shipping lets see if they use that speed and will they actually charge me the $30 since I heard rumors that they were providing all shipments as express. Not sure if that is true. But I am about to find out. :D

Megaoctane

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2012
Norway
The 27" is taking longer because of the new way to assemble the screen to the glass. It's easier on the smaller 21.5".
After it is assembled, than there should be no difference in delivery time.

bembol

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2006
I just got the noticed this morning.

What are the chances it arrives here by the end of the week? Thought the estimated shipment is February 12-19.

WizardHunt

macrumors 68000
May 11, 2007
Las Vegas, Nevada USA
I just got the noticed this morning.

What are the chances it arrives here by the end of the week? Thought the estimated shipment is February 12-19.

Well the chances are confirmed for me , anyways, I will be getting it delivered on Feb 8, this Friday. and it missed the cutoff for Fedex to go out today it said on tracking otherwise it could have got here on Thursday. So the express shipping i paid did pay off.

It Shipped!!!! My Baby is coming to me soon. Can't Wait.

designs216

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2009
Down the rabbit hole
Seems to me like the most dubious part of the Apple order process, with no consistent or predictable duration. Perhaps because the Shipped stage is so precise and shows measurable progress or because I've mostly purchased refurbs.

WizardHunt

macrumors 68000
May 11, 2007
Las Vegas, Nevada USA
Ok my order has shipped as many of you know, but I have a question. It was picked up at 5:18 pm and under that in grey lettering, it states Package received after FedEx cutoff.

But at the same time it says towards the top : " In Transit " And underneath that it says : Shipment Exception. What does Shipment Exception mean? Is this going to be a problem? Which may affect the Scheduled arrival time of Friday Feb 8, before 10:30 am?

bembol

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2006
It looks like it won't ship out until tomorrow. :(

If I knew it was going to take this long I would've paid for it to ship it faster.

WizardHunt

macrumors 68000
May 11, 2007
Las Vegas, Nevada USA
It looks like it won't ship out until tomorrow. :(

If I knew it was going to take this long I would've paid for it to ship it faster.

I just called Fed Ex International at 1-800-247-4747 and they told me the shipment exception means it missed the plane due to the Fed-Ex Cut off time. The package will not make the plane due it was not checked in early enough. What that means is back luck for me. Now instead of it coming Friday morning, it will be deferred to Monday at 10:30. So basically 3 more days later than it should have been. So I paid $30.00 for nothing. I may call Apple tomorrow to see if I can get the $30.00 removed from my charge. Bummer Friday was only 2 1/2 days from now. Now it will be sent Monday or 6 more days. Tell me that I am not bummed.

UPDATE: Wednesday Feb 6, 2013 my iMac has International Shipment Release-Export and the delivery date still has not changed, it is still saying Feb 8 Friday at 10:30 am so I don't know what is going on.

Last edited:

WizardHunt

macrumors 68000
May 11, 2007
Las Vegas, Nevada USA
I just got a text message from my App in my iPhone that my iMac has landed in Memphis,TN. just now at 9:30 pm Wednesday Feb 6th. That is plenty of time to get to my city of Las Vegas, on Friday. It appears it will arrive on Friday after all. That is so cool. It did not even go to Alaska, that I see in the tracking. It went from Shanghai, China straight to Memphis, TN. I thought it might to a west coast hug like Ontario, Ca but nope. So it will clear customs in Memphis I guess.

That means it shipped on the 5th, (actually the 6th of Feb since it missed the plane on the 5th) and will get here on the 8th, that is like 2 actually shipping days but 3 days total. That's Express Shipping at its Best!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.