Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wouaheche

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 3, 2013
Hi guys, really need help.

I updated my iPhone 4S with iOS 6.1 yesterday.
Today I synchronized with iTunes on my pc. After the synchronization all the note on my iPhone where replaced with the old ones from my pc.

I did a restore hoping that it would bring back the note but nothing happened.

How do I restore my notes????

Plz help it's related to my work

Thanks.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
you restored your phone with an old backup, with old notes. the only way you are going to get them back is if you restore again with the most recent update that contained the notes you are looking for. if you didnt back up right before you wiped/restored, then you are out of luck.

this is why i wont back up to the computer. many days can go between backups, which leads to things like this. icloud keeps them backed up in realtime and up to date, everyday.

wouaheche

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 3, 2013
Thanks for your answer,

When you sync with the pc doesn't it make a bkp before? Why does the file on the pc overwrite the newest one on the iPhone?

When you upgrade from ios 6 to 6.1 no bkp is made on the iPhone?

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
Thanks for your answer,

When you sync with the pc doesn't it make a bkp before? Why does the file on the pc overwrite the newest one on the iPhone?

When you upgrade from ios 6 to 6.1 no bkp is made on the iPhone?

when you sync, it does just that. i believe you need to select the backup option in order to do a back up. separate things. when you restored, it restored from on of your old backups. you should have backed up first, then upgraded the OS, then restored from that new backup.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.