Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

snarestud940

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
Can someone please make this image into a ipad retina wallpaper. It looks very pixelated. Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 959
Nov 28, 2010
located
I simply enlarged it via Paintbush but am unable to get full Retina vertical resolution, thus you might have to use other methods filling the non existing vertical height with black.

Btw, the "logo" uses Arial Bold Italic as font, thus it should be easily be recreateable in Gimp or Photoshop (both free, later only for 30 days though).

TrumbullPE.png

PS: The original image had to be enlarged to ten times the original size.

tiggger

macrumors G4
Feb 19, 2010
Can someone please make this image into a ipad retina wallpaper. It looks very pixelated. Thanks!

I simply enlarged it via Paintbush but am unable to get full Retina vertical resolution, thus you might have to use other methods filling the non existing vertical height with black.

Btw, the "logo" uses Arial Bold Italic as font, thus it should be easily be recreateable in Gimp or Photoshop (both free, later only for 30 days though).

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/121037424/MR2/MR2_2013_01-

PS: The original image had to be enlarged to ten times the original size.[/QUOTE]

try this...

Attachments

• Trumbull iPad.jpg
    Trumbull iPad.jpg
    360.4 KB · Views: 190

tiggger

macrumors G4
Feb 19, 2010
But that is using 2048 vertical pixels instead of 1536 pixel. Is the iPad a 1:1 aspect ratio victim?

the iPad with retina display is 2048 x 1536 pixels and in order for pictures to look good when you rotate the iPad, pictures should be resized at 2048 x 2048 pixels...

Nov 28, 2010
located
the iPad with retina display is 2048 x 1536 pixels and in order for pictures to look good when you rotate the iPad, pictures should be resized at 2048 x 2048 pixels...

Thanks, forgot about that rotating, while doing the rotation thing.

See, if I would have made that logo full size, I just would have given the OP that 2048 x 1536 version, but then again, enlarging an image is always easy with Paintbush, the smaller, the better.

tiggger

macrumors G4
Feb 19, 2010
Thanks, forgot about that rotating, while doing the rotation thing.

See, if I would have made that logo full size, I just would have given the OP that 2048 x 1536 version, but then again, enlarging an image is always easy with Paintbush, the smaller, the better.

you did a good job on that logo btw...

Nov 28, 2010
located
you did a good job on that logo btw...

Thanks?

All in all it was just that application enlarging the image, and as I said, the smaller the image, the better the enlargement, like those boner pills advertised between the TLLSwCF.

And to be honest, it is quite a simple logo, uses a simple font and a simple graphic. The most problematic thing was the glow around the white font, which I tried with a Drop Shadow, but then just use the Stroke option in the Blending Options of PS.

That's it.

snarestud940

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 3, 2012

TrumbullPE.png

Hey guys! Thanks so much! I'm trying to figure out how to make the background white? Is there a way to do that?

snarestud940

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 3, 2012

TrumbullPE.png

Is there a way to get the background to go away? Like if I wanted to put it on a t shirt or something? I tried on gimp but totally couldn't get it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.