Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Mar 15, 2008
Just got back from MacWorld/iWorld looking at the many iPad mini cases available. The one that caught my eye was the Moshi Versacover

I love my Versacover on my Mini. It replaces the cover buddy + Smart Cover that was always falling off. It's a great, thin case and looks great. The way it folds works great and looks cool. I love that it can be used in landscape & portrait!!

PittsDriver

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2010
I love my Versacover on my Mini. It replaces the cover buddy + Smart Cover that was always falling off. It's a great, thin case and looks great. The way it folds works great and looks cool. I love that it can be used in landscape & portrait!!

So funny. I had a Moshi Versacover on my iPad 3. When I sold my iPad for a Mini, the Versacover was a natural pick. While I was waiting I had a smart cover and Coverbuddy which I actually like, but I love the Moshi!

6ti9dx.jpg

30bmrt0.jpg

christof

macrumors 6502
May 8, 2002
Earth
At Macworld, I tried the Moshi VersaCover with 4th Generation iPad with Retina Display. Book mode is no good on this case: the front cloth face does not stick to the magnet on the back of the plastic back protector. The top triangle flapped back (away from the magnet) if I held by the bottom of the iPad, while the bottom triangle flapped back if I held by the top of the iPad.

I plan to stick with Invellop since I heard that Deviceware Bridgeway / The Union front face cover falls apart easily.

enigma2k

macrumors regular
May 12, 2010
Is there a backcover with a soft and grippy feeling similar to the nexus 7 tablet or kindle?

rockyroad55

macrumors 601
Jul 14, 2010
Phila, PA
Hey guys,

I'm thinking about getting a iPad Mini, and I need a case from day one otherwise it's not gonna be pretty :D

What I'm looking for:

- Folio (I mean, the ones that look like a Moleskine for example)
- Wake/Sleep Function
- Holds it self when closed
- Something not that thin, since it's going to be on my backpack and I really want it to be protected from other stuff
- 3 degrees stands
- Doesn't cost a fortune (40$ máx.)

Moshi Versacover?

----------

So funny. I had a Moshi Versacover on my iPad 3. When I sold my iPad for a Mini, the Versacover was a natural pick. While I was waiting I had a smart cover and Coverbuddy which I actually like, but I love the Moshi!

Hey on the website there's one that looks tan but its listed as grey. Is that yours? I don't want a sand colored one.

Suspended
Mar 15, 2008
Hmm now I have to choose between the navy and grey for my black mini

I have the black mini w/ grey cover and it does look a tad tan-ish but i like the low profile look. I was also considering the blue one but I think it's denim which didn't seem too appealing to me. I do like the grey though if that helps.

----------

At Macworld, I tried the Moshi VersaCover with 4th Generation iPad with Retina Display. Book mode is no good on this case: the front cloth face does not stick to the magnet on the back of the plastic back protector. The top triangle flapped back (away from the magnet) if I held by the bottom of the iPad, while the bottom triangle flapped back if I held by the top of the iPad.

That's a bummer. I do have to say that I did not experience this problem w/ the mini Versacover. The triangles stayed in place and the magnet held well.

rockyroad55

macrumors 601
Jul 14, 2010
Phila, PA

Just bought it and shipped today! Can't wait. They really need to change the color on the website. It does not look grey whatsoever.

The Smyrk

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2012
Austin, TX
Just bought it and shipped today! Can't wait. They really need to change the color on the website. It does not look grey whatsoever.

What color did you pick? I was wanting to know what the navy option with a black mini would look like since the images on moshi site aren't very flattering.

DarkAether

macrumors regular
May 5, 2010
I saw that as well, but now there's one for 1.99 that does the same and provides more coverage. Incipio may have been just a little too late. Especially at 29.99.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140897374643?var=440093687936&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

So, um you just posted in another thread that you bought a similar 29.99 Belkin case - even after buying the 2.99 case, even after you said you've decided to go naked (obviously you had changed your mind on the need for more coverage at that point), even after you've gushed over the Coverbuddy. It's kind of hard to go with your opinion when you seem to change your mind and contradict yourself from post to post in different case threads.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
So, um you just posted in another thread that you bought a similar 29.99 Belkin case - even after buying the 2.99 case, even after you said you've decided to go naked (obviously you had changed your mind on the need for more coverage at that point), even after you've gushed over the Coverbuddy. It's kind of hard to go with your opinion when you seem to change your mind and contradict yourself from post to post in different case threads.

Guilty as charged. I actually thought about exactly what you're saying today. I still love the CoverBuddy and did decide to go naked. My decision to go naked had nothing to do with the CoverBuddy or the cheapo eBay one I ordered, which I still haven't received yet. Going naked is great and I honestly don't want more protection, I just want to eliminate the fingerprints that are collecting on the back of my black iPad. (It's seriously driving me crazy.)

I only ordered the cheapo eBay one to check out the quality since it has been getting rave reviews on here. I honestly won't even use it since it's keeps the Smart Cover on which I don't like. I'll end up giving it away as soon as I get it.

I ordered the Belkin today since before trying the CoverBuddy, I really wanted to try it, but not with Belkin's shipping and tax making it over $40. Since I finally found it on Amazon for 29.99 with free shipping, I figured I've give it a shot since I've already tried the CoverBuddy and I just want a very simple back that allows me to remove the SC (and gets rid of fingerprints).

I stated that the Smart Feather is a little late since that eBay one now is getting so much attention around here and is priced considerably less. I wouldn't use either since like I said, I don't like the Smart Covers being connected with no way to easily remove them.

I only provide my experience I've had with covers that it may help with someone else's decision when ordering. I try to provide the best knowledge I've gained dealing with so many cases and covers, even though I'm very indecisive myself and can be contradicting as one day I love a "X" case, but the next I'm going naked. But since I can't seem to decide on one cover/case, I've tried a bunch and can give honest suggestions on each of them.

Speaking of indecisive, I've had 2 red Smart Covers, 2 dark gray, 1 blue and 1 green and I ended up sticking with a gray one. Will I stick with the Belkin once I receive it? I doubt it. :)

caravancgb

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2011
Melbourne
Geniune Yoobao Executive Case for iPad mini

"He who shall not be named" has the Yoobao Executive case for the iPad mini listed on his site for $27.99. I figured there might be some people interested considering the history of this case for the other iPads.

if you want to make sure that you are going to get geniune yoobao cases in Australia, then i recommend you to buy from yoobao.com.au

Here is the link for Yoobao Executive Case for iPad mini

http://yoobao.com.au/shop/yoobao-executive-ipad-mini-case-black/

201211102181427154.jpg

2012103122541759896-580x600.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.