Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

saporiti

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 12, 2013
Portugal
Okey guys, long story short:

I have a MBP and an iPhone 5. On both of my devices I have 3 "indicators" of my own, I mean, my accounts or things: my email, my phone number and my cloud mail.

Basically, I had to do an Erase iPhone from iCloud because I thought I lost it, but then ended up finding it. It was restored, so just putt back the last backup I had, and connected it again with my cloud and apple ID. However, now my phone number that used to be part of my things on my apple ID looks like its not no more.

For example: I have iMessage on both on MBP and iPhone, and my gf texts me from her iPhone also with iMessage on, and I just get it on the iPhone not on the MBP.

If I text her from iMessage on my MBP, the sender on her phone shows up my email. If I text her from iMessage on my iPhone, the sender on her phone shows up my phone number.

Before the restore erase etc., none of this happened. Could really use some help.

Thanks in advance!

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Okey guys, long story short:

I have a MBP and an iPhone 5. On both of my devices I have 3 "indicators" of my own, I mean, my accounts or things: my email, my phone number and my cloud mail.

Basically, I had to do an Erase iPhone from iCloud because I thought I lost it, but then ended up finding it. It was restored, so just putt back the last backup I had, and connected it again with my cloud and apple ID. However, now my phone number that used to be part of my things on my apple ID looks like its not no more.

For example: I have iMessage on both on MBP and iPhone, and my gf texts me from her iPhone also with iMessage on, and I just get it on the iPhone not on the MBP.

If I text her from iMessage on my MBP, the sender on her phone shows up my email. If I text her from iMessage on my iPhone, the sender on her phone shows up my phone number.

Before the restore erase etc., none of this happened. Could really use some help.

Thanks in advance!

Your iPhone 5 is under warranty, contact Apple for support: http://www.apple.com/support/

saporiti

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 12, 2013
Portugal
But everything is fine with my iPhone 5 mate, I think it's just related to my apple id and to the fact that I erased it from it, and I set it up again.

Stooby Mcdoobie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2012
Did you make sure iMessage is turned on in the settings?

EzgXvvK.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.