Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Not bad.
It would be nice to just buy a package 3 years ago and expect the devs to keep updating it for free forever and making it compatible with every new iphone you get on every new ios but its not really realistic.
With every new device and firmware version sometimes the whole program or most of it has to be rewritten to function right.
I dont think anyone likes to work for free.

Thats a part of the reason the guy behind 3G Unrestrictor did it. He said, yes he could update it forever, but he had put in several features that required complete rewrite which in itself is a brand new app. Hence, he charged for the updated app with nifty features.

zaki

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2012
Most likely but that's just my guess.
I hear you that it sucks cause you gotta pay again but I also see it from the devs point that he sold you a piece of software that worked for your device on ios 5 and now has to update and rewrite the code to make it compatible with your new iphone on ios 6.
So probably he will charge an upgrade fee but not a full price like if you were buying it for the first time.
Still a lot cheaper than paying for a monthly fee for an official tethering data package.
I'll pay the fee like I usually do, MyWi has some nice cool features and since I like and use the software I dont mind paying for it.

I see your point, and I agree.

Just like upgrading to ML from lion.

Surrylic

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2010
Please Sticky.

Figured I'd post the link here, it's always being updated, feel free to share yours as tweaks and such get updated. Hopefully this gets stickied so there won't be many threads about it.

The official list of ios6 working (and nonworking) tweaks. This does NOT include piracy tweaks.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...true&sortcolid=7&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250

Thanks for posting this! I was hoping someone would.. I didn't know there was a spreadsheet and I knew I wasn't gonna be able to create a thread and keep track of all the additions.

HeyGreggie

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 8, 2011
Thanks for posting this! I was hoping someone would.. I didn't know there was a spreadsheet and I knew I wasn't gonna be able to create a thread and keep track of all the additions.

No problem at all boss! Enjoy

Qaanol

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
Thanks for the spreadsheet, it's quite useful.

Here are the tweaks I use on 5.0.1 which are not listed on the spreadsheet at the time of this post (name of tweak followed by repo in parens if not BigBoss):

AptBackup
Attacher (ModMyi)
aTube Video Downloader
Bookmarks+ for Safari
Brightness Icons (ModMyi)
DisableNC Switch (ModMyi)
DismissMyKeyboaard
IconRotator (RPetri.ch)
iWipe Cache (ModMyi)
No Bookmarks
No Keyboard Spotlight
No Update (ModMyi)
noOTA badge
OpenBackup (ModMyi)
PDF Printer for Safari
SMS Timestamps

bigsexyy81

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
Springtomize 2 almost ready. Woo hoo!

IntelliScreenX as well.

biteSMS ready to go.

AndroidLock XT ready to go.

That's all I need!

Last edited:

mdlooker

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2011
US
Aww man the iCaughtU tweak is listed as NO. Is there an alternative app or will they keep working on it to make it compatible?

secretanchitman

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2007
sweet, most of the tweaks i use are good to go for 6.1. just have to test the remaining ones i use with a spare old bootrom 3GS.

callbar (old version 1.4-1, i like the answer/decline buttons on the banner!)
color profiles
dietbulletin
fastblurrednotificationcenter
software update killer
statusbarcustomclock4
unified ipod for ios5 (tried it already a while ago and it didnt work)

fizz7283

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2010
sweet, most of the tweaks i use are good to go for 6.1. just have to test the remaining ones i use with a spare old bootrom 3GS.

callbar (old version 1.4-1, i like the answer/decline buttons on the banner!)
color profiles
dietbulletin
software update killer
statusbarcustomclock4
unified ipod for ios5 (tried it already a while ago and it didnt work)

Would love to know if dietbulletin works once you find out. I use status bulletin and apparently it doesn't work and won't because it will not be getting any updates.

By the way, what repo did you get diet bulletin from? It's not in the normal Cydia repos.

secretanchitman

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2007
Would love to know if dietbulletin works once you find out. I use status bulletin and apparently it doesn't work and won't because it will not be getting any updates.

By the way, what repo did you get diet bulletin from? It's not in the normal Cydia repos.

bad news :( dietbulletin "works" but the banners are broken. the banners still show up as the regular sized one, but its cut in half to be dietbulletin sized.

you need ryan petrich's repo! its http://rpetri.ch/repo - i got dietbulletin and fastblurrednotificationcenter from there.

works fine:

color profiles
statusbarcustomclock4

doesnt work/broken:

dietbulletin - broken banners, height, notifications.
unified ipod for ios5 - music turns into ipod, videos app is hidden but does not show up in the music/ipod app.

didnt test:

callbar 1.4-1

fizz7283

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2010
bad news :( dietbulletin "works" but the banners are broken. the banners still show up as the regular sized one, but its cut in half to be dietbulletin sized.

you need ryan petrich's repo! its http://rpetri.ch/repo - i got dietbulletin and fastblurrednotificationcenter from there.

works fine:

color profiles
statusbarcustomclock4

doesnt work/broken:

dietbulletin - broken banners, height, notifications.
unified ipod for ios5 - music turns into ipod, videos app is hidden but does not show up in the music/ipod app.

didnt test:

callbar 1.4-1

Thanks for the response. I found it through google after I asked. I should have just done that to begin with lol

To be honest, diet bulletin kinda sucks compared to status bulletin. It really lacks on features.

It's terrible that the devs of status bulletin gave up on it. They're the same people who make lock info. I wrote them asking if they would consider updating it for 6.1 in the future after the jailbreak is released and all that. We'll see if I even get a response.

Thanks for testing it though, much appreciated.

todd2fst4u

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2008
works fine:
statusbarcustomclock4

Thanks for posting!

It seems like most of the tweaks I use on ios 5 will work on ios 6 with the exception of a few.

Does anybody know of a good replacement for SpringClean that is ios 6 compatible? I use it on ios 5 to remove the carrier and rotation lock from the staus bar.

Any alternatives for Remove Background?

fizz7283

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2010
Thanks for posting!

It seems like most of the tweaks I use on ios 5 will work on ios 6 with the exception of a few.

Does anybody know of a good replacement for SpringClean that is ios 6 compatible? I use it on ios 5 to remove the carrier and rotation lock from the staus bar.

Any alternatives for Remove Background?

Not sure if you use springtomize 2, but if you do, it can be used to hide such things from the status bar. I know it's almost done being updated for 6.1.

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
Does anyone know if color profiles will work???

Or any other tweak that changes my yellow tinted screen?

sagar4995

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2012
Dubai, UAE
unable to view the list as google docs is blocked at my office. i didn't notice anyone mentioning iFile? will this work, as im majorly into theming. was just wondering... i saw someone mention winterboard and zephyr work fine, so thats a relief.

a042349

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2010
One of the tweaks I was most looking forward to was "BrowserChooser" so I can make Chrome my iPad mini default browser. Any place I could find info on if it's being worked on? Thanks.

EDIT: Looks like "Browser Changer" does the same thing and is iOS 6 compatible. Phooey on me fpor not researching before posting!

Really looking forward to that and Nitrous for my mini.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.