Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BasilFawlty

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 20, 2009
New Mexico
I just bought a new Time Capsule and it seems to be working, but how can I see the Drive size or free space? For some reason I can't see it with Disk Utility nor with Activity Monitor. I can see it in Fonder, but when I look at "info" I don't see the disk size or free space? What am I missing?

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I just bought a new Time Capsule and it seems to be working, but how can I see the Drive size or free space? For some reason I can't see it with Disk Utility nor with Activity Monitor. I can see it in Fonder, but when I look at "info" I don't see the disk size or free space? What am I missing?

You can see it in Finder. Click the Time Capsule at the lower left (yours may be named differently). Then click the Time_Capsule folder at the top (again maybe different name). That will open the Time Capsule drive itself in Finder and you can see the space available at the bottom of the Finder.

tcnetwork.png

timecapsule.png

BasilFawlty

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 20, 2009
New Mexico
You can see it in Finder. Click the Time Capsule at the lower left (yours may be named differently). Then click the Time_Capsule folder at the top (again maybe different name). That will open the Time Capsule drive itself in Finder and you can see the space available at the bottom of the Finder.

tcnetwork.png

timecapsule.png

Well, at first I didn't see what your pictures show, but then I figured out that I didn't have the "status bar" displayed. Once I turned that on I could see the available space. Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.