Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drtalk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2013
I can't believe this app doesn't already exist. What I need is an app that will allow me to control the output volume of the phone's built in mic and the earbud mic. Sounds pretty simple doesn't it? Guess what? IT DOESN'T EXIST!!! I'm very much into audio and video production, being an ex radio guy. So I know my way around pro gear like compressors, limiters, noise gates, etc, etc. Having used my voice in a professional capacity for so long (even now when I do voice overs from my home studio), I don't want to have to raise my ALL the time..."Ca n you hear me now?!?!". You get the idea. I tend to be quite soft spoken on the phone, kinda laid back. Can someone PLEASE come up with a simple mic output volume control?

jabingla2810

macrumors 68020
Oct 15, 2008
I can't believe this app doesn't already exist. What I need is an app that will allow me to control the output volume of the phone's built in mic and the earbud mic. Sounds pretty simple doesn't it? Guess what? IT DOESN'T EXIST!!! I'm very much into audio and video production, being an ex radio guy. So I know my way around pro gear like compressors, limiters, noise gates, etc, etc. Having used my voice in a professional capacity for so long (even now when I do voice overs from my home studio), I don't want to have to raise my ALL the time..."Ca n you hear me now?!?!". You get the idea. I tend to be quite soft spoken on the phone, kinda laid back. Can someone PLEASE come up with a simple mic output volume control?

I'm not sure I understand fully, but are you looking to change the microphone sensitivity system wide?

If so, no app will be able to do this, you'll have to wait for Apple to implement it.

If your looking to record your voice, an app like Garage band offers pretty good volume control and mixing of various tracks.

drtalk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2013
Simply put, an app, kinda like those real time voice changers, that allows you to increase the volume of the mic the caller on the other end hears. Yes, you could say "sensitivity" but I was hoping for something more robust like a real time compressor with auto compensate.
ps: I am new here. How do I subscribe to this thread to receive email notifications when someone posts? #

jabingla2810

macrumors 68020
Oct 15, 2008
Simply put, an app, kinda like those real time voice changers, that allows you to increase the volume of the mic the caller on the other end hears. Yes, you could say "sensitivity" but I was hoping for something more robust like a real time compressor with auto compensate.
ps: I am new here. How do I subscribe to this thread to receive email notifications when someone posts? ��

I'm not sure such an app exists, in the mean time you may have to ask the caller at the other end to turn up their volume! :)

To subscribe, click "Thread Tools" > "Subscribe to thread", near the top of this page.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.