Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mentholiptus

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 1, 2009
No rumors on Logic Pro X? I've already googled and seen most of the fake leaks, etc. I know that Xavier dude said they're working hard on it, but otherwise is there really no other scoop on this?

I know Logic 9 works fine. I use it and love it...but we're going on 4 years here without a major update (and don't tell me about 64bit in 9.1). This app usually only went 2 years between major revisions, so we have to be close, right??

If we're getting close, I would imagine someone out there has their hands on it. I've heard enough about iPhones. We all know we'll have an iPhone 5s within 9 months, so bring me some scoop on the pro app that hasn't had a major revision in 4 years.

And considering it's been 4 years...I'm guessing this update will be quite substantial. I'm excited.

HMI

Contributor
May 23, 2012
It is on the next Mac Pro......or the one after that!

smallvillee

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2013
I mean there is alot of speculation out there but no major update in more than 4 years is way off. And thats a fact... So yeah im a bit concerned about that.

trigonometry

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2010
South Carolina
I agree. Apple has really been lacking with it's pro apps and updates. I know they are probably stretched thin but Compressor looks a mess on my rMBP. I've noticed Apples' releases have become scattershot during the Cook era. Examples, the Lion preview, iPad 4, and 128 GB iPad. So I think it could be released any day now. Or never.

mentholiptus

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 1, 2009
So, I can't believe I hadn't seen this one, but Apple done got themselves a patent on melodyne like polyphonic note detection:

http://appleinsider.com/articles/12/11/13/apple-patent-could-bring-polyphonic-tuning-to-logic-pro

AND, much like the Universal Audio plugins I've been drooling over lately, Logic's own compressor already sort of emulates classic compressors (I knew it mimicked different types of compressors, but didn't realize it was this specific)

http://kosmonavtstudio.com/kombinat/logic-pro-9-compressor-circuit-types/

But who knows if they accurately MODEL the hardware they're based on...

It'd be so awesome if the bulk of their plugins were to get an amp designer/pedalboard like refresh...and accurately emulate the classic hardware that this software is intended to replicate. I'd really flip if there were also some sort of tape machine emulation. Something big is coming! After all the tweaking from v5-v8, v10 will probably be huge...especially considering all the time they've put into it.

Ploki

macrumors 601
Jan 21, 2008
So, I can't believe I hadn't seen this one, but Apple done got themselves a patent on melodyne like polyphonic note detection:

http://appleinsider.com/articles/12/11/13/apple-patent-could-bring-polyphonic-tuning-to-logic-pro

AND, much like the Universal Audio plugins I've been drooling over lately, Logic's own compressor already sort of emulates classic compressors (I knew it mimicked different types of compressors, but didn't realize it was this specific)

http://kosmonavtstudio.com/kombinat/logic-pro-9-compressor-circuit-types/

But who knows if they accurately MODEL the hardware they're based on...

It'd be so awesome if the bulk of their plugins were to get an amp designer/pedalboard like refresh...and accurately emulate the classic hardware that this software is intended to replicate. I'd really flip if there were also some sort of tape machine emulation. Something big is coming! After all the tweaking from v5-v8, v10 will probably be huge...especially considering all the time they've put into it.

Why the **** was this not on MacRumors frontpage!?

GREAT FIND, its giving us hope.

JordAtmospheres

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2013
I don't know if anyone's heard this but there was a Roland Synthesis Expo at Huddersfield in England a few months back. One of the tech guys basically let slip that Roland and a number of other companies were working together on a replacement/advancement for MIDI.:eek:

This may be something that may feature if developed...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.