Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Agent55

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 13, 2013
Hi all, first post :)

I've got an iPad mini 16gb wifi-only, and have been thru all the wifi troubleshooting like many owners. I've done the network reset, router/modem configuring for proper security settings and have largely improved the consistency and performance of this little gem. BUT, it's still the worst-performing Apple device I've owned in regards to wifi performance. My iPhone 4 and MB Pro are rock-solid in comparison, while my mini will still loose connection now and then despite indicating its connected to my network (turning wifi off/on fixes temporarily).

Has there been any word from Apple that there's a firmware fix in the pipeline? I'd assume some iPhone 5 users are in the same boat, but I haven't seen/heard anything official.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Apple did issue a firmware update for the mini, it's 6.0.2. Check your iPad to see if it has this firmware, and if not, hit Software Update to install it.

Agent55

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 13, 2013
Sorry, I meant a post-6.0.2 update since performance is still spotty.

Erj

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2013
Same problem....

Ipad mini 16, no cell. Ios 602
Wifi is unstable.
Drops connection, slow to reconnect, sometimes i have to toggle wifi off/on to reconnect.
Iphone 4 and laptop (lenovo, w7) has no issues with the same wifi network, and have stable connections also when the ipad mini struggles.

Eddyarto

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2013
I have just got my mini Ipad a couple weeks ago,but I still could not access my flash disc using Ifile. Some friends told me that mini Ipad is not supported and no available software yet for this purpose. Is it true ?
Please help how to access my flash disc using USB connecting cable

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.