Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mbopy22

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 8, 2005
Hi
I´ve been having this weird sound issue with my iPad 2.
It just stopped working last week. I´ve been reading and investigating on line about it. And here is the problem:

1- Is not the mute thing, cause it is full volume and the swhipping right, after tapping home twice is fine as well. I mean the volume is fine.
2- Is not the headphone, cause if I plug a headphone I still don´t get any sound
3- I have restored and updated it to 6.1, at least 3 times already and nothing.
4- The whole changing the mute to lock option is not working either. Still no sound.

I get no sound at all, no app sound, no locking or unlocking sound except for a weird "click-preeeek" sound after unlocking, but is just a nano second long, and it sounds like a dry click or something. Hard to explain. :mad:
Besides that, NOTHING sounds. I am kind of afraid that it might be something internal, rather than OS related. And since I don´t have an Apple store where I live, it is hard to take it for a check/repair. Mailing it, is not an option either, cause I don´t live in the States.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.