Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

prophet621

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 31, 2005
I just bought my first Mac (ibook) about an hour ago and of course I have to play with it and give it a test spin.

Whenever I'm on the internet I usually have several browser pages open at any time. In Windows and Linux they show along the taskbar and I just click the one I want to see. How can I do this in safari? While I haven't adjusted to tabbed browsing yet, I keep accidentially closing all tabs since I'm used to switching between pages from the taskbar rather than closeing only one. Does Safari support tabbed browsing?

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Of course it does. Look in the Preferences under General where you can select to open new pages in tabs and under Tabs where you can enable them in the first place. :)

Oh, and try to get used to Exposé too, it's quite useful.

Jen5678

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2004
if you hit f9 on your keyboard you will see all the programs/pages you have open then you can just choose which one you'd like.

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
On a jet plane
And to open a link in a new tab, command(the apple button)-click the hyperlink.

To rotate between open Safari pages press command-`(above the tab key). It's prob easier to use exposé if you have lots of pages open.

You can play around with the tabs preferences to get them to behave how you want. There is also a list of relevant keyboard shortcuts listed under the tab preference settings.

Keyboard shortcuts makes the world go round :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.