Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

l.w41sh

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2009
Florida
IMG_3273.png

IMG_1029.png

Last edited by a moderator:

BlendedFrog

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2010
Does anyone know if a sound profile app exists...basically like the sound profile capabilities of the blackberry. This really would be the only reason I would JB my iPhone.

cal6n

macrumors 68020
Jul 25, 2004
Gloucester, UK
Although not many reasons for me to jailbreak, I know many who will be happy.

What jailbreak tweaks is everyone excited to try on their devices?

I'll be removing the headphone volume limiter via ssh. It's the only thing I need a jailbreak for, these days.

etaylor3971

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2007
agreed, no restore required

I dont think this is correct!

I updated OTA and not from itunes and have jailbroken my device new problem (ipad 3 GSM) and iPhone 4s

I just performed a jailbreak on my iPhone 4S with iOS 6.1 and it worked flawlessly - when I updated to 6.1, I did so OTA (over the air).

Worked perfectly!

Now just have the guts to use it on the iPhone 5 which I actually use as a phone.

thefourthpope

Contributor
Sep 8, 2007
DelMarVa
free apps

...yet no one will ever admit to that on these forums. They will all claim sb settings or theming:rolleyes:

Nothing to admit for me. I've paid for every app from cydia. But you go ahead and make your generalizations. Like there's anything wrong with free apps.
I love being able to share my iPhone's Internet connection without paying AT&T an extra $20/month (tether me). I love being able to send texts from my lock screen (lock info + bite sms). I love being able to attach anything to an email within that email (anyattach).

waltermitty

macrumors member
Apr 25, 2010
I just bought a Nexus 4 unlocked to play with because I was getting so bored with my iPhone 5 (which I can still use whenever I want by putting the sim back in)... I'll jailbreak tonight and see if it's worth keeping or selling.

alexander25

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2012
do you still need to install a fresh copy of iOS 6.1, or does this work if you updated from 6.0.2?

i remember there were people saying that this was necessary

rshroff2

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2012
Chicago, IL
Wow, the jailbreak was super easy. I cant seem to purchase anything through cydia though and when I click on manage accounts, it doesn't do anything.

nick_elt

macrumors 68000
Oct 28, 2011
Apple might even sell a few more iphones now. Wonder if Tim Cook donated?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.