Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
t60A0Se.png

Pffft, I was enough of a badass to tap the screen while jailbreaking. :cool:

tbrinkma

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2006
Interesting. What does that mean? Sounds useful.

I agree, it does sound useful. Unfortunately, I can't think of any definition for 'precise GPS data' that you can't access through a number of (free) apps available on the App Store.

So I'm also curious about what he meant. :confused:

renegad3

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2008
Mine has been sitting at the final "Patching Kernel..." screen for a long time. Anyone else have this happen?

ATT iPhone 5

Happened on my retina iPad 4.

I let it sit for about 5-6 minutes, then just held the power button down.

It seemed to have kernel panic'd in the tradition of when a Mac computer does as the grey shaded screen slowly descended from the top, no text appeared, and it rebooted prior to the grey shading reaching the bottom of the screen (this was in landscape).

It rebooted as normal, and cydia was on home screen, tapped it, cydia did its thing and then respiring.

Tapped cydia again, trouble refreshing (totaly expected, cydia getting crushed right now).

Long story short all seems fine.

JAT

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2001
Mpls, MN
To those experiencing troubles, be glad you can open Cydia at all. Jay altered something in anticipation of this release, since servers always get slammed. So, it opens and can deal with some things, but if you have to access the servers, just be prepared to wait. I'd find a link about this, but even getting to blog pages is difficult right now.

Be patient. Once the servers aren't being hit, you'll be able to see stuff.

ryanromine

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
So it is safe to say that the server is overloaded and thats the reason for all of the error codes coming back when I try to install a tweak?

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
I have never been jailbreaking my iPhone, so I would like to ask why one would do it?

For an example, what is the top 3 or 5 features you achieve by jailbreaking your iPhone?

Looking forward to an explanation :)
Cheers.

I usually make my icons a little bigger, and then hide all the basic Apple stuff off my screen so I can have only one screen with my own folders and apps that I bought from the App Store. That and make it so my folders have infinite amount of room since I have maybe one or two more apps that don't fit in that 16 app limit.

ghost187

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2010
Over 10% of people jailbreak! That's no small number. Dammit the cydia servers are slammed as a result.

coolfactor

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Funny I figured some troll would come around and say something like that :) Nobody forces you to do a lot of things, doesn't mean you don't want to do them, or should be prevented from doing them. If your saying Apple is a God and does everything perfect and has never done anything wrong then by all means i'll admit I am wrong and your right :rolleyes:

You're the one missing the point, but I also see your point. As someone not interested in jailbreaking my devices, I also don't feel restricted in any way by iOS. There isn't anything that I need that I can't already get legitimately.

krspkbl

macrumors 68020
Jul 20, 2012
did this with my 4s on 6.1 and got stuck at "patching kernel...."

after a hard reset all is good.

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
Did anybody else's JB'd device jump 5 hours into the future? My iPod seems to think it's 6pm instead of 1pm.

mdwsta4

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2007
Extremely quick and easy JB. Thank you guys!!

Now just need to wait for Cydia traffic to die down. Will be great to have SBSettings again as well as removing app icon names, and infinifolders. Seems like that's all I use jailbreak for nowadays.

Wonder if we'll be able to allow facetime calls over 4G/LTE now. I think it's ridiculous that Sprint and Verizon allow this and while AT&T is starting to get on board, those of us that have grandfathered data plans do not. What a load of crap.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.