Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Darkhrse99

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 24, 2013
New Mexico
I downloaded Evasi0n and got the icon Evasi0n 1.0, but when I open it it crashes, anyone else have this problem?

d0c

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2012
same problem here.

have now downloaded from 4 different sources.. same problem.. assuming it's something to do with my computer.. any help appreciated.. i'm running 10.5.8

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    29.6 KB · Views: 284
  • Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    22.5 KB · Views: 347
Last edited:

Menge

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2008
Amsterdam
same problem here.

have now downloaded from 4 different sources.. same problem.. assuming it's something to do with my computer.. any help appreciated.. i'm running 10.5.8

Looks like it requires a library version only available in 10.6.

allistera

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2012
Same thing happened to me first time I ran it, opened it again and it worked fine!

jallenclark

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2008
my bet would be the version, what OS version is your mac running? Everyone who seems to have no issue is on latest os.

Jman13

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Columbus, OH
evasi0n trouble and troubleshooting [MERGED]

The jailbreak process on my iPhone 5 went super smooth...got Cydia, installed a few tweaks before it went down. I was playing with NCSettings, and I couldn't remember which icon was respring and which was restart, so I hit one...it was restart....but now I can't boot the phone. Stuck on the apple. I'm assuming it's a DFU restore for me, but wanted to know if anyone else had any ideas on:

a) why this happened

and

b) if I can get out of it without a restore.

ReetC

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2012
Toronto
Turn off the phone by holding the power and home button and turn it back on and it'll work.. Happened to me. Turn it off when it's stuck on the apple logo ***

AAPLinc

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2012
Hollywood, CA
jb 4S on 6.1 stuck on Apple Logo

So dont know what happened, jailbroke fine about an hour ago. Installed biteSMS, and zephyr and androidlockXT. I turned my phone off and on to reset the lock screen and its stuck on the Apple logo. I held down power and home and it reset, but it still stops at the Apple.

Ah, what did I do. I've never had a problem that I couldn't figure out. Do I have to restore?

----------

Got it back on somehow but just repeating what I had already done. Hmm, is this going to be a thing that will happen often?

Wonder if I should just do a restore when I get into work and re-jailbreak...

----------

Now apps wont open and crash when opening.

Ah.

jwm2

macrumors regular
Jan 5, 2012
A computer, running Windows (XP minimum), Mac OS X (10.5 minimum) or Linux (x86 / x86_64)

The above was taken from the evasi0n website.

d0c

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2012
the problem appears to be libxml2.2.dylib provides version 9.0.0

quick google search on how to upgrade libxml2.2 was not very helpful, and i'm not that computer savy (savy enough to jailbreak tho)

any one able to provide info about upgrading libxml so i can run envasi0n?

i really don't want to upgrade my os because i plan on getting a new computer in the summer.

thanks

d0c

Dee Ann

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2009
iPhone 5 stuck on "Finding offsets..."

Verizon iPhone 5, purchased Dec 23.
Came with iOS 6.0, I updated it to iOS 6.01 and 6.02 OTA.

I upgraded to iOS 6.1 via iTunes about 4-5 days ago.

I have a Mac Pro running ML 10.8.2

I did a backup of my phone in iTunes. I then put the phone in airplane mode.

Ran evasi0n and followed directions.

It told me the jailbreak was complete but then the phone was sitting stuck on a screen that reads "Finding offsets.." for well over 5 minutes.

Finally, it rebooted and now it's sitting stuck on the apple logo that you initially see during a power up. It's been sitting on that for about minutes.

What do I do?? I can not hose this phone!

Jman13

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Columbus, OH
Ok...nevermind. That was bizzarre.

I had tried rebooting manually (hard reset holding power and home) several times (like, 5 times)...always got stuck. I just did it now while connected to the computer, and now it works.

Is this some sort of odd 'tethered' bug? I see there is an 'untethered' update on Cydia, but I assumed this was for those A4 devices running a tethered JB that are updating, and I can't download it right now due to Cydia being overloaded...is this the issue?

comatose81

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2009
You bricked it.

You can try DFU mode and then plugging into iTunes, but most likely the phone is toast.

mcrto

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2011
I had exact same problem. By the time it had been on the apple screen for fifteen minutes decided to reboot and it loaded up with Cydia on the screen and then ran smoothly.

pooleman

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
Eastern CT
Someone just posted this same issue on another thread. He said he did a hard reset (Hold power and home button) while his phone was plugged into his computer. He said it started right up after that.

Dee Ann

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2009
Thanks guys.. I did what you said and now it's up and showing Cydia on the screen. I ran Cydia but it says the servers are down. THAT does not surprise me.

I am guessing that the phone is fine now, it's just a matter of time for Cydia to level off now..

Thanks again! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.