Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

glsillygili

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 16, 2011
New York
so ive been looking for a 2nd-3rd gen ipod touch to add to my colection. some kid in skool was willing to trade it to me for some cash ($55) ive looked on ebay and amazon to see prices and some of them are 70-80 dollars. but im not sure if it is the 3rd gen or the 2nd gen. it might be the third gen but im not sure

Orange Crane

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2012
So you want someone on the Internet to tell you whether a purchase of something, but you're not sure what, is a good deal.

:(

glsillygili

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 16, 2011
New York
So you want someone on the Internet to tell you whether a purchase of something, but you're not sure what, is a good deal.

:(

it is in full working condition without a broken screen. im just not sure if its a 3rd gen or a 2nd gen, either way i dont care i just want to knows

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
Does it look like this?

tumblr_lr9wcmceoB1qb05sm.jpg

If so, then it's a 3rd gen iPod.

Last edited by a moderator:

kylera

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2010
Seoul
If you're collecting just for the sake of it, why not?

If, however, you're thinking of using it, keep in mind that a second or third-gen Touch will have an extremely crappy battery by now.

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
I'm sorry but I lost you at "skool". What is that by the way?

Due to our horrible economy, some American public schools have had to make odd budget cuts. The name abbreviation is one of them. You have no idea how much dough it hasn't saved anybody.

pooleman

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
Eastern CT
so ive been looking for a 2nd-3rd gen ipod touch to add to my colection. some kid in skool was willing to trade it to me for some cash...

Do not buy the iPod. It is only going to distract you from your school work and studies, which are clearly already suffering. "skool"? Really? Hit the books kid.

Scipod

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2012
Good deal

As long as it seems to function properly I would buy it. If it happens to have a poor battery you can buy a new one and replace it yourself very easily for under 20$.

glsillygili

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 16, 2011
New York
As long as it seems to function properly I would buy it. If it happens to have a poor battery you can buy a new one and replace it yourself very easily for under 20$.

this thread is old and i bought it already turned out to have a faulty wifi and headphone jack, sold it on amazon and got my money back

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.