Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macnerd93

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 28, 2009
United Kingdom
Hello,

Just a quick question is there any way to downgrade Aperture libraries between Aperture version 3 & version 2 or will I have to do it manually copying sub folders and what not?

I am asking because I use Aperture 3 on my 21.5'' iMac, but have just bought a dual Power Mac G5 and wanted to be able to access all my photography on the G5 and the G5 is only compatible with Aperture 1-2.

Hope someone can help,

thanks a lot

GermanyChris

macrumors 601
Jul 3, 2011
Here
Hello,

Just a quick question is there any way to downgrade Aperture libraries between Aperture version 3 & version 2 or will I have to do it manually copying sub folders and what not?

I am asking because I use Aperture 3 on my 21.5'' iMac, but have just bought a dual Power Mac G5 and wanted to be able to access all my photography on the G5 and the G5 is only compatible with Aperture 1-2.

Hope someone can help,

thanks a lot

Right click, show package contents, masters...

Point aperture at those, like everything in the apple world you cannot go backwards with out pain..

Never keep anything in proprietary apple formats!

macnerd93

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 28, 2009
United Kingdom
Right click, show package contents, masters...

Point aperture at those, like everything in the apple world you cannot go backwards with out pain..

Never keep anything in proprietary apple formats!

Thanks for that. Yeah I imagined that would be the only method, with Aperture 3 using a totally different library structure compared to 1 & 2

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.