Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

King Bowser

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2010
I guess I should be happy that I'm at work and can't jailbreak until I get home. Should be ok by then..

Hope you all are having fun with your new jailbreak :)

xchampx13

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2012
its getting better, I am getting farther into a download now.. Still have not succesfully completed though.

EDIT: Just got stuff to download.

Last edited:

eelw

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2012
When you successfully install something, it loads quick. So much faster on the iPhone 5 than my iPhone 4 running iOS5.1

Gizmotoy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 6, 2003
From his Twitter comments, it sounds like Saurik was able to re-architect his repo about 40 minutes ago to help with loading. Unfortunately, it required a DNS change so anyone whose DNS servers cache requests for a long time will be stuck with the old config for awhile. That's probably why we're recently seeing reports of some people able to get through no problem, and others still being dead.

He also mentioned it doesn't apply to the payment backend, so those of you trying to log in and restore purchases are still in for a wait.

comatose81

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2009
Winerboard only
everything else is bad gateway
even things like weathericon

WeatherIcon uses LibWeather... based on the spreadsheet posted earlier I think that is not compatible with iOS 6 and will cause a respring loop.

randy98mtu

macrumors 65816
Mar 4, 2009
Sweet. FINALLY got Winterboard installed. See if I can get to my account next...

MatthewStorm

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2003
Chapel Hill
When I try and DL Winterboard I get an error saying it couldn't find the file and the package may need to be fixed manually. No other program I try and download gives this message.

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
Most of the problems I'm having are with the Bigboss repo. I can install Saurik's stuff fine, unless it has a dependency on Bigboss. And I can't get any paid package at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.