Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rtk86

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2011
Encryted backups can't be unchecked

I am stuck between a rock and a hard place on this one. I was able to successfully jailbreak my ipad mini. However, my iphone 5 has a profile on it that I need for my work email that requires encrypted backups. Now, before anyone states the obvious, to install the profiles requires me to use a security program called mobileiron which checks for jailbreak. So I can't simply delete the profile, jailbreak and then add it back as at that point I won't be able to connect to work email anymore because mobileiron will tell the server the phone is jailbroken. Seems like it's not going to be possible for me to do this but let me know if you guys have any ideas.

iRetired

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2012
WNY
I'm using Tapatalk to write this. I downloaded the program from evaders site onto my phone then copied it over to my PC. It is running Win 7 64-bit SP1. I unzipped the file, read the instructions, connected my iPhone 4S using the cable and started the program. When the progress bar got to 60 percent I had to unlock the screen and tap the Jailbreak icon on the phone. It finished and installed Cydia. Cydias site has a message that they're under heavy load now. Jailbroken at last!

Last edited:

Netherscourge

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2011
Is it safe to just leave the phone plugged in during the entire process?

My phone is in "Patching Kernel" stage right now, via the app itself on the phone.

The evasi0n PC program says the Jailbreak is done.

I left it plugged into my PC and haven't touched anything. Just curious.

Also - how long does the patching kernel process last? It's been about 3 minutes so far...?

Is is safe to exit the evasi0n PC program once it says it[s done and has the EXIT button lit up, even though the phone appears to still be patching itself?

kalirob99

macrumors 68000
Dec 24, 2008
California
Blah, the Apple servers are so overloaded that I'm getting the below message after a restore. >__< The iPhone is saying the same thing. I guess I'm stuck for the time being. :(

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 141

JLemm

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2008
Cincinnati, OH
Is it safe to just leave the phone plugged in during the entire process?

My phone is in "Patching Kernel" stage right now, via the app itself on the phone.

The evasi0n PC program says the Jailbreak is done.

I left it plugged into my PC and haven't touched anything. Just curious.

Also - how long does the patching kernel process last? It's been about 3 minutes so far...?

Is is safe to exit the evasi0n PC program once it says it[s done and has the EXIT button lit up, even though the phone appears to still be patching itself?

Same... I clicken the exit button though..

Just saw this, it worked for me!:

One of the team member @pod2g has tweeted that the issue could be resolved simply by doing a force reboot. To do a force reboot, you need to press home+power button of your iOS device until the device shows an Apple logo.

Netherscourge

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2011
UPDATE:

It's done. Cydia icon is there!

Weather app works fine too. (iPhone 4S, JB via Windows evasi0n installer)

:)

It looks like it was just hanging at the Patching Kernel stage for a long time and then finally rebooted on it's own.

All my old apps are still there too. Looks like nothign changed except the new cydia icon.

Piece of cake!

EDIT - that may have been the easiest jailbreak ever. I literally pressed two buttons - 1 on the PC and one on the phone.

10 minutes later, it's done. Nothing messed up either.

Last edited:

AAPLinc

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2012
Hollywood, CA
Having issues still.

4S on 6.1 wont start back up after shutting off. Get's stuck at Apple Logo.

I've already restored and re jailbroke. Still getting caught up on boot logo.

Hmm. Once I plug into computer and do hard reset it restarts back up and works fine except weather app isnt opening.

Odd. Not sure what to do.

EDIT: What the hell... when it's not connected to a computer it will just sit at boot logo. Why is this jailbreak acting it like's tethered...

Last edited:

TheSwede

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2012
UPDATE:

EDIT - that may have been the easiest jailbreak ever. I literally pressed two buttons - 1 on the PC and one on the phone.

10 minutes later, it's done. Nothing messed up either.

are you able to download any tweaks yet from Cydia?

LSUtigers03

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2008
I've seen people saying that you need to upgrade to 6.1 via iTunes and not the ota. If you've done the ota already will the jailbreak still work?

dbags1234

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2013
can someone help me PLEASE, i DL evasion, im running mac osx 10.5.8, which supposedly is new enough to run evasion, when i go to start it , the program quits unexpectedly , and i cannot relaunch, i DL it 3 times and every time i open it up this is happeneing, any feedback appreciated..thanks

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
can someone help me PLEASE, i DL evasion, im running mac osx 10.5.8, which supposedly is new enough to run evasion, when i go to start it , the program quits unexpectedly , and i cannot relaunch, i DL it 3 times and every time i open it up this is happeneing, any feedback appreciated..thanks

This may sound really basic but reboot your computer and try again.

JMC08

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2011
Truly sorry if this has been asked/answered, but has anyone tried to jailbreak without the fresh restore to 6.1? ie going through Itunes to update to 6.1, keeping data intact and not setting up as new ---> restoring from backup

pooleman

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
Eastern CT
Currently there is a note on the top of my Cydia page that says...

"This device is currently in the TSS queue."

What does this mean? Also, I can't seem to download or even see any of my past purchases. Do I have to wait until I am "out of the queue" to see my stuff and use Cydia?

jayp92

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2013
As usual didn't work properly in the Mac version, had to DFU restore. Windows version, no problems :)

How did you manage the DFU restore?

I'm running a (bricked) iOS 6.01 on iPhone 5

DevTeam tool's don't seem to be compatible yet and iTunes won't let me restore because it knows I jailbroke (unsuccessfully)

ahhh :(

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
Just tried rebooting my iphone 5 and I've been stuck on the Apple logo for at least 5 minutes now. Anyone try rebooting their phone yet?

solo118

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2011
Truly sorry if this has been asked/answered, but has anyone tried to jailbreak without the fresh restore to 6.1? ie going through Itunes to update to 6.1, keeping data intact and not setting up as new ---> restoring from backup

I just updated normally last night, and restoring from backup (by accident I clicked it)

Anwyays I JBed today, no problem.

MastahRiz

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2010
Weather app attempts to open and almost loads the first screen but then instantly crashes for me.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1, Evasion win-1.0.

Dorv

macrumors 6502
Feb 11, 2008
Cydia Crashes

On both of my 6.1 devices, when JB then restored from iCloud backup, Cydia crashes on open.

ntegra

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2010
07:09 I was stuck on "Finding Offsets..." for about 5 minutes... eventually went to the Apple logo.
07:14 Currently stuck on Apple logo
07:18 Apple logo disappeared for 3 seconds then reappeared
07:18 Phone vibrated and lock screen showed up

I'm officially jailbroken!

If you get stuck anywhere, JUST BE PATIENT.

Last edited:

Grolubao

macrumors 68000
Dec 23, 2008
London, UK
How did you manage the DFU restore?

I'm running a (bricked) iOS 6.01 on iPhone 5

DevTeam tool's don't seem to be compatible yet and iTunes won't let me restore because it knows I jailbroke (unsuccessfully)

ahhh :(

Honestly, I find it very hard to imagine you have your iPhone 5 bricked. Just enter DFU mode and restore to 6.1. Have you tried this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.