Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

coolhands

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2011
Turned off my 4s and went to turn it back on and it's stuck on the apple logo...won't boot up. Time to restore:mad::mad:

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
I found one hell of an annoying bug .

When you open simple folders there is now a 3 second delay before it opens . Happens occasionally .

indiekicks

macrumors member
Nov 22, 2012
I think I'll keep trying sporadically and hopefully get lucky like some of you. No luck on winterboard so far.

What's continue queuing mean anyway?

TG1

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2011
So far weather app working fine. iPhone 5 Verizon coming from 6.1 via iTunes.

Releck97

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2012
Winterboard

I installed Winterboard on my iphone 5 with ios 6.1 installed. The springboard crashes immediately and I get the "Exit Safe Mode" message on the top of my phone. After un-installing winterboard, I still get the same message. Anyone else have the same problem? How do I get rid of this? Should I run the JB again?
...edit...Boover is causing the crash. Didn't really need it...

Last edited:

arnies

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2013
Mine is crashing on 10.8.2
0t12iXY.png

Any ideas?

superfly33

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2012
Stuck on Jail Break process

I'm on Win7 and IP5 and am stuck on the jailbreaking process (about 70% complete) and it just hangs on there for about 30minutes.

I read the ReadMe file on the evasion folder to start the process again if it gets stuck, which I did, twice. Still did not work and my phone now reads the wrong time with the jailbreak icon. Tried to open the jailbreak icon and it just crashes.

Also tried to do a restore from BackUp in Itunes but it told me that an error occurred at about the last minute before it finishes restoring.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

axledentaldj

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2009
All good on my ipad3 wifi only model, and I had to re-restore my iphone 4(gsm) 16gb back to 6.1 a second time to get a blank restore, which I followed evasion faq properly, and it jb it right the second time.

MDTyKe

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2007
Hawaii, USA
Not so much trouble with evasi0n here - my JB worked good.

However, I'm noticing that now my Safari Private Browsing isn't well.. private. The history etc seems to be there. Not in the "history" section, but when I start typing in a URL etc I'm seeing history. Anyone else notice this?

I also had one crash into Safe Mode.. any ideas how I can access a log etc to figure out which app caused it?

cyber16

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2013
Have you looked on your iphone 5 for the jailbreak icon and pressed it, do not disconnect the usb cable, the status bar on the computer then should complete.

I'm on Win7 and IP5 and am stuck on the jailbreaking process (about 70% complete) and it just hangs on there for about 30minutes.

I read the ReadMe file on the evasion folder to start the process again if it gets stuck, which I did, twice. Still did not work and my phone now reads the wrong time with the jailbreak icon. Tried to open the jailbreak icon and it just crashes.

Also tried to do a restore from BackUp in Itunes but it told me that an error occurred at about the last minute before it finishes restoring.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

pcmxa

macrumors regular
Apr 9, 2011
ABQ
Jailbroken but can't install anything, weather app issue

Well, I jailbroke succesfully, but can't install any tweaks from Cydia. When refreshing the changes page, I get numerous fetch errors. Attempting to download anything (I have tried ISkyPhoneI_GPRS, Auxo, Infinidock, Winterboard) results in a Hash Sum Error.

Weather crashes as soon as it opened. Most other apps seem to be working fine (though I have not installed any purchased ones).

Ipod 4G restored to 6.1 and then jailbroken using evasi0n.

pooleman

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
Eastern CT
My weather app is also crashing immediately. I can't dowoad a single tweak from Cydia either. Is it just because way too many people are on it? Do I need to restore my iPhone and then reinstall the jailbreak?

plaxico44

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2010
PA
Is Siri broken for anyone else? I can say "text mike" and it will bring up the contact. Siri says "what do you want to say to mike" and then I don't get the chime to speak and the Siri wheel just spins and the phone will not respond to anything and I have to reboot :mad:

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
I have a feeling a lot of these issues are related to people doing the following:

- Using OTA updates
- Updating and not restoring in iTunes
- Having a passcode during the jailbreak process
- Touching/using the iPhone during the jailbreak process

If this applies to you, DFU restore to 6.1 while you can, and reattempt!

AAPLinc

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2012
Hollywood, CA
I have a feeling a lot of these issues are related to people doing the following:

- Using OTA updates

Are you talking about the weather app not working? And getting caught on boot logo issue?

Because I jailbroke the first time, did it according to instructions. Had no passcode, didnt play with phone during process... had mentioned above issues.

So I restored, set up as new, jailbroke following the same procedure, and still the same result.

Im not trying to say that it's not my fault, but I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've jailbroken a trillion times.

LiveFreeDie

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2010

- Using OTA updates

I did everything I was supposed to do and I am still getting the majority of these issues on my iPhone 5.

OPTICS

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2010
Not sure what was going on, but after finally being able to download something (Winterboard), I had to reboot the device. Got stuck at the apple logo. Did a hard reset, got stuck at the apple logo again. I connected the phone to computer, held both power and home buttons down till iTunes recognized it. Hit restore and update and it did its thing for a minute and I got a message saying that it couldn't restore because of the build. I did a hard reset two more times and I finally saw the unlock screen. Everything was still intact prior to the reboot and Winterboard was on the home screen.

superfly33

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2012
Have you looked on your iphone 5 for the jailbreak icon and pressed it, do not disconnect the usb cable, the status bar on the computer then should complete.

Yes, that worked. The instructions told me to take a stretch so I never read the onscreen instructions.

Thanks.

EttVenter

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2011
Anyone else got screen brightness issues? Everytime I unlock my phone, my screen is way too dim, then I have to open up NCSettings and fix it. Any ideas?

Edit: Actually, it's not just when I unlock. THe screen brightness drops to VERY dim all the time...

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.