Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Advil

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2008
Can't collapse catagories or adjust transparency... lots of customization features missing... not good.

theman510

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2009
New Jersey
I miss the hide slide to unlock option. This update just feels a lot more restrictive than version 4.x. I hope they make some changes and updates soon

iWeekend

macrumors regular
Nov 28, 2012
Was looking forward to Lockinfo + HTC plugin on iPhone 5 but .... bummed out now.

Hopefully work arounds show up in the next few weeks. Would love to deep six the apple notification centre in favour of how Lockinfo <5 worked.

BullittMustang

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2008
There is a favorites widget. It's a free 14 day trial right now so worth trying

Thanks! I didn't see the favorites there. I have a full license for lock info. Just trying to figure out this new version. I used the old one on my last phone.
Thanks for the tip.

rockitawkwardly

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2011
Disappointed as well. Loved the look of Lockinfo 4 and earlier, but 5 is just a mess in my opinion. Looks and feels nothing like earlier releases. :confused::(

Gizmotoy

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2003
I feel like an idiot here. How do I get my mail to show in this version of LockInfo?

Under Notifications and Widgets I pulled Mail up into the "In Notification Center" section, but even though I have unread mail LockInfo 5 shows nothing. There isn't the Mail icon in the app filter either.

It seems like this should be obvious, but I have no idea how to do it.

bgro

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2010
South Florida
Disappointed as well. Loved the look of Lockinfo 4 and earlier, but 5 is just a mess in my opinion. Looks and feels nothing like earlier releases. :confused::(

Yup. Lockinfo 4 was perfect IMHO. Don't see how these changes made anything better or more functional. Ive been using lockinfo since the beginning and am very very disappointed. Intelliscreen X is looking like a better, more stable option at this point. But I am hoping for an update at seem point.

rockitawkwardly

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2011
Yup. Lockinfo 4 was perfect IMHO. Don't see how these changes made anything better or more functional. Ive been using lockinfo since the beginning and am very very disappointed. Intelliscreen X is looking like a better, more stable option at this point. But I am hoping for an update at seem point.
Same here. Lockinfo 4 was so functional, everything was right where I wanted. I was so excited today to get biteSMS and Lockinfo, but now I'm rather disappointed.

Hopefully the developer reverts back to a clean, functional Lockinfo soon!

AnotherBrian

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2010
I would rather have a standard lock screen than the new Lockinfo 5. I am totally hating the new version. I must be missing something.

robotphood

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
I asked Ashman about the changes on Twitter a while back and he said a lot of them are from overwhelming response from users. I can't wait to try it. I used lockinfo since iOS 3 but switched to ISX when it came out. I sort of took my phone in a simpler "stock" direction and ISX integrated with NC pretty cleanly. Anyone have experience with both (5 vs ISX)? Comparisons?

musicmax

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2009
I was just coming here to ask questions myself when I see others having the same concerns.

I want to be able to just click my home or power button to see everything, not have to click/slide to get to the notification center. I also miss the info shade. :rolleyes: Maybe will have to take another look at intelliscreen again until lockinfo gets their act together again. :confused:

Yup that is the whole point of LockInfo to me. I've been on LI since IOS3 and it's the prime reason I JB.

musicmax

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2009
I asked Ashman about the changes on Twitter a while back and he said a lot of them are from overwhelming response from users. I can't wait to try it. I used lockinfo since iOS 3 but switched to ISX when it came out. I sort of took my phone in a simpler "stock" direction and ISX integrated with NC pretty cleanly. Anyone have experience with both (5 vs ISX)? Comparisons?

I doubt that totally reworking the program to be a glorified frontend for NC (which is what it sounds like LI5 is) is what users have asked for.

Let me hit the Home button and see clock, weather, email, Notifications, calendar, Facebook, Twitter and messaging, and let me control if they're collapsed or not. And let me get to all that via InfoShade. That's it.

robotphood

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
I doubt that totally reworking the program to be a glorified frontend for NC (which is what it sounds like LI5 is) is what users have asked for.

Let me hit the Home button and see clock, weather, email, Notifications, calendar, Facebook, Twitter and messaging, and let me control if they're collapsed or not. And let me get to all that via InfoShade. That's it.

I'm only a messenger. His goal was definitely to simplify the whole design. I don't agree with a lot of the changes either. One of the main things I didn't like was sliding to unlock/action. I have preferred tap to unlock/action for a long time. It's sad that he even took away the option for it. Customization was Lockinfo's strong point.

Here is his blog post about it last year: http://blog.dba-technologies.com/post/33157907923/lockinfo-rebooted?65d01a00

hexon

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2011
I gave up the old version in favor of ISX. I refuse to pay money to continue to use the same app I've already paid for once, without any additional features. So I just downloaded Lockinfo5. I really like it. It's simple and shows me only the info I need.

Ent

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2009
lockinfo 5 right now is buggy. He released a new version on his beta repo but its being slammed right now..

Last edited:

robotphood

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
Finally got through in cydia. LI5 is a lot simpler than I thought. Barely any settings. I don't like the filters in the lockscreen. I definitely would prefer to see everything like everyone else pointed out. $5 for ISX upgrade. Ugh. I guess they deserve it.

OPTICS

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2010
Quick question regarding LockInfo. I purchased about a year and a half ago. Am I able to transfer my license to LI5 or is it only for LI4?

LI4 is putting me in Safe Mode on iPhone 5.

LI5 gets stuck at license transfer screen.

iamse7en

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2007
Wow, this is so disappointing. I've been a longtime fan/user of LockInfo, and this update is a step in the complete opposite direction. There is a reason why infoshade was a popular option: because of the limitations/customizability of apple's core notification center. He basically removed what made LockInfo so great.

I cannot believe he would do this. What a complete mess. Please oh Please update LockInfo 4 to support iOS 6!!!

twisted-pixel

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2009
San Jose, CA
I agree. There were two things I jailbroke my phone for

BiteSMS and Lockinfo

BiteSMS still rocks, but Lockinfo is rubbish now. I used to be able to see everything on the screen. Now I have to tap icons to see mail etc. If I have to press icons or slide I might as well just unlock my phone and use the mail app.

I can't hide the 'slide to unlock' any more either

the only thing I like is that since it has notification centre, my NCsettings are available on the lock screen...

other than that...it's rubbish.

radioactive

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2006
How can I get my Twitter feed in LockInfo 5? It just seems to do notification center twitter, which is useless for me (I just use Twitter to follow interesting people and companies, not interact). The video and mentions talk about a Twitter "widget" but I only have "Weather and Share" widgets" in my "Notifications and Widgets" section of LockInfo.

I've been a LockInfo user since the iPhone 3G, and is really the only reason for me to JB. This seems like such a huge downgrade.

Last edited:

ACardAttack

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2010
Not liking this at all, hope he updates so we have more customization like we did in the past

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.