Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NEXT IPHONE NEEDS COMPLETE REDESIGN

• AGREE

Votes: 144 47.1%
  • DISAGREE

Votes: 162 52.9%

• Total voters

bushman4

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 22, 2011
The next iPhone needs to have a complete redesign to bring new life in. Look hasn't never changed since

JoeyCloverfield

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2012
What exactly would change? Curved back edges? Colors? No home button? Bigger/smaller screen? Higher resolution? Different position of the back/front camera? Thinner bezels?

Then people would just simplify the new iPhone as being an iPhone 5 with curved edges, more color options, no home button, a different sized screen, and other small miscellaneous differences. It would be regarded by many in this forum as a lackluster product that Steve Jobs would have never released. As well as proof that Apple is doomed.

Do I believe that? Nope.
Why? Because every smartphone looks almost identically the same.
Why? Because if it didn't it wouldn't be categorized as a "smartphone".

Anyhow, I disagree. I'm okay with the design. I would appreciated a one tone back, but I hardly ever see the back of my phone so I don't care. My "Apple needs to get their head in the game" opinion falls upon iOS.

hakuna-matata

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2011
just change the bloody boring crap of an os..yes, it's too cool and simple but take away a bit of simplicity and give me features as many as possible..In hardware, everything seems good except anti-scuff material would be a nice upgrade for my 800$ phone:rolleyes:

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
just change the bloody boring crap of an os..yes, it's too cool and simple but take away a bit of simplicity and give me features as many as possible..In hardware, everything seems good except anti-scuff material would be a nice upgrade for my 800$ phone:rolleyes:

I don't think there is such thing invented?

iMikeT

macrumors 68020
Jul 8, 2006
California
Not another one of these threads..... :rolleyes:

bushman, what do you have to bring to the table other than your armchair complaints while you dwell in your mother's basement?

Jordan921

macrumors 603
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area
So you call for a complete redesign but you offer no changes that you want. Also the iPhone hasn't changed ever since it came out in 2007?

Demonface

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2012
Jersey/Miami
Im guessing he meant that it was similar ever since the iPhone 4 . I would personally like a bigger screen , an new UI , 128 GB , More MP for the Camera. Thats all I can think of @ 3 am.

sagar4995

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2012
Dubai, UAE
The next iPhone needs to have a complete redesign to bring new life in. Look hasn't never changed since

you mean something like this...?

Attachments

• iphone-models.jpg
    iphone-models.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 1,291
  • 4S-5107.jpg
    4S-5107.jpg
    273.3 KB · Views: 381

sagar4995

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2012
Dubai, UAE
The left picture displays 5 phone's looking almost exactly the same, and 1 slightly taller.

what about the right picture?
either ways, i personally dont think its the phone's design that needs the overhauling as much as the OS does.

eawmp1

macrumors 601
Feb 19, 2008
FL

A few iPhone owners need an attitude adjustment.

The smartphone is a tool. Hammers are fairly similar and static in design also. The reason most current smartphones are rectangular with a touchscreen is that seems to be the optimal design for how humans currently interact with the device. Until the next "revolution" don't expect to radical of a departure from the current design.

As for the iOS ... that is a different argument.

Aug 5, 2012
Not another one of these threads..... :rolleyes:

bushman, what do you have to bring to the table other than your armchair complaints while you dwell in your mother's basement?

Thats a rather offensive post.

Is the OP not allowed to post this perfectly reasonable post in this open forum?

Whats your source on his living conditions because from this angle you're the one with questionable backing.

hobx

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2010
Nope. The 5 is gorgeous frankly. I really don't get all this fuss about new for new's sake. They have stumbled on an iConic (sorry) form factor. Seen the S3? What a piece of rubbish....

Last edited:

Paulywauly

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2009
Durham, UK
i personally dont think its the phone's design that needs the overhauling as much as the OS does.

+1. Not that the OS is bad at all, but it could do with some form of UI refresh. It doesn't even necessarily need to look much different, just updating with new features. IOS is by far my platform of choice, but the UI would totally rock with Live Tiles etc

iMikeT

macrumors 68020
Jul 8, 2006
California
Thats a rather offensive post.

Is the OP not allowed to post this perfectly reasonable post in this open forum?

Whats your source on his living conditions because from this angle you're the one with questionable backing.

And your response to point the finger at me while defending the guy that I call out for posting another one of these threads?

People like the OP do nothing but complain and have nothing to bring to the table in terms of solutions despite their living conditions. Consider the last part of my comment to be irrelevant, that's fine with me. However, too many people do nothing but come to these forums and whine about products rather than offer a solution.

How about you come up with a better design yourself?

mrsir2009

macrumors 604
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
And your response to point the finger at me while defending the guy that I call out for posting another one of these threads?

People like the OP do nothing but complain and have nothing to bring to the table in terms of solutions despite their living conditions. Consider the last part of my comment to be irrelevant, that's fine with me. However, too many people do nothing but come to these forums and whine about products rather than offer a solution.

How about you come up with a better design yourself?

Look on the bright side: The number of MacRumors visitors running 10.9 indicates that Apple employees visit this forum - So maybe this'll give them the motivation to make a killer rectangle next refresh ;)

Mr-Kerrse

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2011
United Kingdom
To many moaners, go & buy android if you don't like Iphone's :rolleyes: I have liked all my iphone's including the 5, i like the way it looks & like using the OS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.