Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Velorath

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2013
Hello. I was updating to 6.1 on my iPhone 4S earlier, and now I'm stuck in Recovery Mode. I updated the iOS from my phone (in Settings). Whenever I plugged it into my computer to finish the process, it comes up with Error(s) 21, 3004, or some other errors. I'd really like help, I don't care if I lose all of my data on my phone, I just want a stock iOS iPhone 4S.

Also, sorry if this isn't the place to post this, I just REALLY need help!

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Hello. I was updating to 6.1 on my iPhone 4S earlier, and now I'm stuck in Recovery Mode. I updated the iOS from my phone (in Settings). Whenever I plugged it into my computer to finish the process, it comes up with Error(s) 21, 3004, or some other errors. I'd really like help, I don't care if I lose all of my data on my phone, I just want a stock iOS iPhone 4S.

Also, sorry if this isn't the place to post this, I just REALLY need help!

You can't update over the air if you're jailbroken.

Plug it in to itunes and hit restore as new. After it's done restoring (completely reinstalling stock firmware), you can then choose to restore from a recent backup if you have one. If not, just log into your iCloud account (if you have one) and begin the process of getting things set how you want them.

You can then jailbreak 6.1 using the evasi0n jailbreak tool that was released yesterday, if you so choose.

Velorath

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2013
Well, I've tried that, but it's in recovery mode, so the only option is to "Restore and Update", which even if I use Shift+Left click, it won't work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.