Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rogeliojeda

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2011
Foldersinfolders just made my iPhone 5 went into loop mode. Was able to remove it with iDevice Explorer. Any other option to put all my folders into a single one.

engelke2010

macrumors 65816
Mar 28, 2010
Activator (I installed it separately) and SBSettings are fine with me, but not Remove Bacground. That's kinda sad because that was the big one I wanted to install.

eekcat

macrumors 65816
Apr 5, 2010
Have you tried holding volume up to try to get into safe mode? It wasn't working for me but I guess it's worth giving it a try?

Tried that, it worked (but it wasn't safe mode)... I got in to remove iphone gv extension, but then weather.app stopped working. Thinking I could safely reboot... I did... and now I'm stuck again (vol up doesn't work now)

robotphood

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
Tried that, it worked (but it wasn't safe mode)... I got in to remove iphone gv extension, but then weather.app stopped working. Thinking I could safely reboot... I did... and now I'm stuck again (vol up doesn't work now)

Ouch. I couldn't get in at all and ended up restoring.

alec6542

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2012
Assistant Extensions, in particular, the custom responses, causes Siri to completely freeze. Hard reboot fixes it fine though no safe mode.

Grayburn

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2010
England
Unlockize put me into Safe mode this morning. I restarted and set an animation up but it just put me in Safe mode again.

Now removed, stay away from that one people.

OPTICS

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2010
Intelliscreen X

Downloaded, restarted itself and now stuck at apple logo.... again.

You'd think they'd have done some extended testing prior to releasing the jailbreak........ :rolleyes:

aDRock1154

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2011
Ohio
I jailbroke and tried using CarrierEditor as opposed to using Zepplein.

I got stuck with the apple logo and had to DFU.

I realize now how stupid that really sounds lol

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
NCSettings and Activator have both worked fine for me.

The Weather.app issue is caused by the jailbreak. Planetbeing is working on a fix that will be released in Cydia as a evasi0n untether update.

Jman13

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Columbus, OH

If you get stuck, first try a hard reset while plugged into power, or, boot to safe mode by holding volume up after a hard reset. If you do the safe mode boot, you'll need to shut down (not restart) and turn on to get out.

There is a problem with the jailbreak that causes you to get stuck at the apple logo on a reboot...this fixes it if it's due to that. If it IS due to the tweak, this may not work, but it works every time for me and many, many others.

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden

Thats a pretty stupid move yes. :D

NCSettings and Activator have both worked fine for me.

The Weather.app issue is caused by the jailbreak. Planetbeing is working on a fix that will be released in Cydia as a evasi0n untether update.

It's pretty weird that the testers didn't find out about this, really. Should be really simple to try to launch all apps when you're a beta tester.
But anyhow - will we be forced to re-jailbreak or will you be able to fix it through Cydia?

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
Switchy is also putting my iPhone into safe mode as well. It's a shame as it is one of my most useful tweaks. :(

I downloaded Auxo and got use to it. At first I didn't like it, but alot of the bugs are fixed and it has SBSettings built in, so 1 less tweak I need to worry about.

It's pretty weird that the testers didn't find out about this, really. Should be really simple to try to launch all apps when you're a beta tester.
But anyhow - will we be forced to re-jailbreak or will you be able to fix it through Cydia?

I rarely use the weather app, and I don't know anyone who really uses it either.

Also, reread what he posted, he just stated the fix will be released in Cydia as an update.

aDRock1154

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2011
Ohio
If you get stuck, first try a hard reset while plugged into power, or, boot to safe mode by holding volume up after a hard reset. If you do the safe mode boot, you'll need to shut down (not restart) and turn on to get out.

There is a problem with the jailbreak that causes you to get stuck at the apple logo on a reboot...this fixes it if it's due to that. If it IS due to the tweak, this may not work, but it works every time for me and many, many others.

Thanks. I tried the above last night. It was the tweak.. I felt really dumb because I had to restore and re-jailbreak lol

WhatAmI

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2009
BiteSMS - When replying in quick reply.

Same here, Activator installed separately from (I guess) BigBoss prior to installing (paid for) BiteSMS. Safe mode when using Quick Reply

BiteSMS 7.2 is now out, let's see what this me does for me :)

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.