Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DBZmusicboy01

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 30, 2011
It's ridiculous that ios doesn't have that
My sister deleted pictures off my iphone because she was mad at me
And it's stupid how once deleted its gone forever
I mean wow... No recycle bin ?
Apple should really add that feature
I bet many of you would agree with me.

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

macrumors 65816
Apr 5, 2010
Houston, TX

learn about iCloud and "back ups"

RedCroissant

Suspended
Aug 13, 2011

If there is already no storage management solutions for users, the I doubt that a recycle bin will be added in future iOS iterations.

In your case, I would want Apple to add an iSister feature that replaces your real sister with a more mature and personal sibling experience that "just works."

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
According to the Windows Phone 8 ads, it has a "kid feature" where you can allow access to apps but prevent them from deleting emails, photos, etc. It'd be nice to see a "guest mode" in iOS too.

Bathplug

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2010
The photos aren't gone forever. I've used wondershare dr fone before to recover deleted photos. Just google for a photo recovery tool for iphone.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008

The whole point of having the phone ask you TWICE if you want to delete something is to ensure nothing is accidentally deleted.

Lock your phone.

There is no reason to complicate the OS on the back end to give people a way to restore things that take specific actions to delete them in the first place.

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
Just FYI, it's called "Trash" in Apple operating systems. And no... Apple prefers to keep iOS as simple and easy to understand possible. Unfortunately there are those out there who don't understand that when you delete something in Mac OS or Windows, it doesn't actually go away until you empty the trash/recycle bin, and so become confused as to why the available storage space hasn't gone up.

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
A trash bin on iOS doesn't make much sense, but I do think that 'Shake to Undo' should be aware of photo-deletions. Why can't I undo that the same way I can undo a typing mistake?

Scarrus

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2011
According to the Windows Phone 8 ads, it has a "kid feature" where you can allow access to apps but prevent them from deleting emails, photos, etc. It'd be nice to see a "guest mode" in iOS too.

Yeah, along with an Admin/Superuser account with full privileges, filesystem access, overclocking utility, defragmenter utility so you can tap a button and watch a geeky defrag bar fill up, a voltage meter, multiple case thermostats with the appropiate temp monitoring app, realtime multi-user supports just like in os x, a system utility app for monitoring your ram usage as in free/active/used/unused and to also monitor core usage and a trash app which of course only an "admin" user has the right to empty.

Or you could just get a computer for that and use your phone as a phone instead...

kirky29

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2009
Lincolnshire, England
I think maybe a limited trash can could be beneficial to iOS. Maybe just for photos and they automatically delete from the trash after X amount of time?

I've often deleted a photo by mistake before my iCloud would back them up. And I don't use Photostream due to crappy rural UK internet.

Tmelon

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2011
I've always thought that the recycle bin or "Trash" was the most pointless thing. Either you want a file or you don't. There's no reason for something in the middle.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles

I mean wow...you didn't backup your phone using iTunes or iCloud?

mpantone

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2009
Nice 10-month bump. You really added a lot to the discussion!
Actually, he did, far more than the other respondents. His was the first post to definitively answer the original poster's question as iOS 7 released just over three months ago.

:D

luckydcxx

macrumors 65816
Jun 13, 2013
if she was that mad she could just "empty trash" after she deleted them. It wouldn't help you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.