Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
i love these two apps and thought they would work fine with each other. if i close out an app by sliding up from zephyr it will leave that app in the notification bar just black without full screen graphics of what the app is. but if i use the hold button instead of swiping up it works fine. also swiping left to right leave the multitask icon black. ive also had the springboard go black a few times. turns on again if i close the screen and open it again(power button).
hopefully there is an update for these two to work together because its the best multitask and app switcher combo imo.

Attachments

• IMG_0012.PNG
    IMG_0012.PNG
    913.6 KB · Views: 231

aldwin

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2010
just came across this problem after buying both apps, hopefully they fix whatever is causing this soon. :(

----------

It works perfect for me.

even when you swipe the app to go back to the homescreen? do you not get black screen previews on the app switcher?

iPunish901

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2008
Memphis, TN
i love these two apps and thought they would work fine with each other. if i close out an app by sliding up from zephyr it will leave that app in the notification bar just black without full screen graphics of what the app is. but if i use the hold button instead of swiping up it works fine. also swiping left to right leave the multitask icon black. ive also had the springboard go black a few times. turns on again if i close the screen and open it again(power button).
hopefully there is an update for these two to work together because its the best multitask and app switcher combo imo.

Can you share that wallpaper?

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
It'll probably appear once you respring/reboot the device. The bug is not unique to certain devices but to the software itself.

Listen, I've rebooted multiple times, these were one of the first 2 tweaks I installed.

TheSacredSoul

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2010
No problems here either. Must be one of your other tweaks/config causing it.

This is happening to me too. If you swipe up to close an app, the card is blank but if you close an app with the home button, it shows up fine in Auxo.

Zephyr is the one causing it. I sent an email to the Auxo team. Let's hope they read and decide to play nicely.

TheSacredSoul

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2010
The lead developer just replied to my email.

"Don't worry, a fix is on the way.

Regards
Jack (@J_W97)"

All is well :)

Jimbo47

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
I can confirm that a respring is what is causing this to happen. Not a full phone reboot, but simply a respring.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
yep doesnt work for me either (and no, its not the cracked version)
only the ones i close with the home button instead of swiping shows the preview

2dt652e.jpg

but glad to hear a fix is on the way

Last edited:

jkun

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2012
black app previews

I keep getting black app previews if I have more than 8 apps open in the multitasking tray.. I don't have zephyr installed and I am not running a cracked version. Anyone in the same situation?

jungybrand

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2013
Black app previews

I am seeing the same behavior as jkun. Black app previews when there are more than 8 apps open. I also get black previews upon any respring.

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
yep doesnt work for me either (and no, its not the cracked version)
only the ones i close with the home button instead of swiping shows the preview

but glad to hear a fix is on the way

Thats right. Ye, Zephyr is amazing. I really hope this turns out well!

No problems here either. Must be one of your other tweaks/config causing it.

You're absolutley right. I'm sorry, it was Zephyr all along. I was just too blind to se it.

Ratatapa

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2011
I had the problem too

Close all the application manually

Then reopen and they will work

skippymac

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2010
Hampshire, UK
I keep getting black app previews if I have more than 8 apps open in the multitasking tray.. I don't have zephyr installed and I am not running a cracked version. Anyone in the same situation?

I am seeing the same behavior as jkun. Black app previews when there are more than 8 apps open. I also get black previews upon any respring.

I unfortunately am getting this problem too. Seems like it only stores 8 screenshots, and if you have over 8 apps open not only are numbers 9+ black but if you scroll away from 1-8 they go black too :(

Nath4n

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2010
I unfortunately am getting this problem too. Seems like it only stores 8 screenshots, and if you have over 8 apps open not only are numbers 9+ black but if you scroll away from 1-8 they go black too :(

Hi Skippymac I can confirm the exact same issue and came across this thread looking for a fix.

It appears there are two issues being discussed here, the first is that when transitioning or open/closing apps etc with Zephyr that screen thumbnails are not saved etc in the multitasking bar in Auxo. Clearly this is a little compatibility bug between the two apps.

The second issue is as described above. If you have more than 8 apps open and scroll past #8 on Auxo, any further apps will have black thumbnails, but more frustrating is that what also happens once you've scrolled past app #8 is that the first 1-8 apps also seem to randomly lose their thumbnails too and go back to black. Auxo works perfectly if you have 8 or less apps running but once you have more and start scrolling past app #8 in the auxo bar the thumbnails go a bit haywire.

Is this second issue a conflict with Zephyr (which I also have installed) or another app, or is it just purely a bug in Auxo full stop. Can anyone confirm that they do not have this black thumbnail issue with Auxo when scrolling between more than 8 apps in the multitasking bar?

skippymac

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2010
Hampshire, UK

Hi Skippymac I can confirm the exact same issue and came across this thread looking for a fix.

It appears there are two issues being discussed here, the first is that when transitioning or open/closing apps etc with Zephyr that screen thumbnails are not saved etc in the multitasking bar in Auxo. Clearly this is a little compatibility bug between the two apps.

The second issue is as described above. If you have more than 8 apps open and scroll past #8 on Auxo, any further apps will have black thumbnails, but more frustrating is that what also happens once you've scrolled past app #8 is that the first 1-8 apps also seem to randomly lose their thumbnails too and go back to black. Auxo works perfectly if you have 8 or less apps running but once you have more and start scrolling past app #8 in the auxo bar the thumbnails go a bit haywire.

Is this second issue a conflict with Zephyr (which I also have installed) or another app, or is it just purely a bug in Auxo full stop. Can anyone confirm that they do not have this black thumbnail issue with Auxo when scrolling between more than 8 apps in the multitasking bar?

I don't have Zephyr installed. Aside from cydia I didn't have any tweaks or anything installed when I got auxo and I had the issue from the start so it seems to be a self contained bug (limitation may be a better word).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.