Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cinnabun93

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 24, 2013
I hate cases and screen protectors and carry my iPhone 5 naked. Does anyone else do this?

hobx

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2010
My four was naked the whole time. Actually surved in almost perfect condition until the very end when a couple of epic drops shattered the back.

My five its already dinged and I have a case on the way....

iNotion

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2008
Singapore
iPhones of any generation looks great naked... But with butter fingers of mine, I will need to rely on something 2nd best, a case..

ag3nt47

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2012
Missouri
Been going naked since my Otterbox broke last week. They sent me a new one but I'm hesitant to use it. I think I'll take my chances. I broke my last Android phone on accident, but have never broken an iPhone.

Murgatroyd

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2010
Staten Island, New Yawk
What We Need Are More Sophisticated Personal Robots

The thought for convenience. Then the circumstance melds with function. All-in-one type of thing. Sorta just happened.

iphone_wallet.jpg

Boyd01

Staff member
Feb 21, 2012
New Jersey Pine Barrens
After two and a half years, my Apple bumper case wore out, so last week I started carrying my iPhone 4 naked. I have mixed feelings on this. For one thing, it's ironic that Apple designs these sleek and elegant devices but everyone immediately puts them inside bulky/ugly cases.

On the other hand, these phones are really slippery feeling. With a new phone, I want to protect it with a case. For my old out-of-contract iPhone 4, I think I'll just continue to go naked. :)

sdilley14

macrumors 65816
Feb 8, 2007
Mesa, AZ
I would love to carry my IP5 naked, but I'm just too obsessive about keeping it scratch free as possible. I bought a matte black cover that just covers the back and around the edges. It's very thin, very light, adds virtually zero bulk, slips in and out of my pocket easily, has a sort of soft plastic/hard rubber feel to it, wipes clean very easily, and was only $5 on Amazon. Easily the best $5 I've spent in a very long time. I hated the idea of putting a cover on my phone, but I have to admit that the matte black look and added lines from this cover actually enhance the overall look of the phone in a way.

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
I hate cases and screen protectors and carry my iPhone 5 naked. Does anyone else do this?

Yes and who cares?

Are you the only one who like Doritos? Are you the only one who like mustard on their chili fries?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.