Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Lets pay as much as a full laptop for a device that does half of what the laptop does. Seems logical.

For some businesses it is. So don't buy it and leave more supply for those of us that need it.

----------

Where was this 2 months ago? =\

2 months ago they were focused on holiday sales. And few folks need something that big so it wasn't likely to sell well enough to push it.

bingeciren

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2011
Doubtful.
At that price I think I'd rather buy a MB Air.

I agree 100%. I have an 11" Air and an iPad both and when I travel for business (i.e. light) I just take my Air with me because for weighing almost the same, Air is a full fledged computer, running MS Office, being able to print to ANY printer and be able to true multitask with simultaneous windows open side by side, while the iPad is an enlarged iPhone with limited capabilities.

jagolden

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2002
Do we really need 128GB iPhone, what are you doing with the 64gb? Or are you suggesting it for suggestion sake?

I could use a 128GB iPhone. I use it as my iPod and video player. Could easily fill up that space and not have even a 1/4 of my library on it.

a.gomez

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2008
you would need to be brain dead to pay this much for a tablet running a Mickey Mouse OS.

Sy7ygy

Suspended
Nov 16, 2012
This just isn't like Apple, not with iOS devices.

Subtle spec bumps/ adding new space options are usually all part of a generation incremental announcement.

I guess I am asking WHY wasn't this introduced when the 4th Gen was released?? It would have been a far more persuasive deal.

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
Hmm, £639 or £739 for a 128GB iPad, or a MacBook Pro for £999! You have seriously got to want the iPad portability to spend that much, especially considering the apps and power a Windows Pro running tablet can get.

Then again I spent £599 on a 32GB iPhone 5 so I'm as much a mugg as anyone who buy's a 128GB iPad ;)

brdeveloper

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2010
Brasil
Really man, this again? The VAST majority that have a laptop use it for simple things like web browsing, checking e-mails, watching a movie etc. The iPad arguably offers a far superior medium for that in a very nice form factor.

However, it lacks a decent interface for content creation like a pen or a smart cover with a keyboard/trackpad built-in.

putongnihongo

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2012
At my local apple store with my brand new black 128 ipad connected to my computer as it restores my backup. I love the fact that I know longer need to cringe about memory rationing. Its soo beautiful:D:D.

louis Fashion

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2010
Arizona, USA
QUOTE: After supply constraints dogged both the new iMac and iPad mini, analysts.........."

SUPPLY CONSTRAINTS?????

I thought SUPPLY CONSTRAINTS were a part of the game. There are always supply constraints....has there ever been a new APPL product release without some type of supply constraint?

Apple is cool, Apple is hard to get, buy now.....

kcamfork

Suspended
Oct 7, 2011
1) Data Rates from cell providers
2) Cloud services are not always available (in flight, traveling, bad signal areas, etc...)

3) As tablets get used for more and more daily life I expect to see more and more personal content stored on them, home movies, photos, documents (pages, numbers, keynote, omni outliner, omni graffle, photoshop, autocad, etc.. etc...)

4) there will always be a need and desire to have pleanty of offline storage.

5) The user can be less picky about what apps, games, pictures, movies, application caches, etc... they keep on the tablet.

6) some people don't trust or want to use cloud services

7) Speed, if you have a 2GB file, it is going to be faster to open, and easier to work with it on the local storage. multiply this out for a number of files.

8) many othe reasons that I'm to tired to think of right now.

The corporation I work for requires iCloud be deactivated if I want to use my iPhone/iPad for corporate email. Therefore, the cloud isn't an option. There's another very, very good reason for Apple to stop screwing over its loyal customers with these ridiculous flash prices.

Karma*Police

macrumors 68030
Jul 15, 2012
Will wait for 100 dollar price cut on iPad 5 this holiday season 2013.

Why Apple? Why push a new high price instead of cutting current prices or just sitting on it till a model update?

For enterprises, which I'm assuming is the target market for this model, it's a drop in the bucket. I know a lot of sales guys who have been wishing for a higher capacity iPad. This fits the bill nicely.

HenryDJP

Suspended
Nov 25, 2012
United States
Drop 16 GB

Make 32 gb entry level and the pricing should go:

32 GB 499/629
64 GB 599/729
128 GB 699/829

799/929 is just too much.

And that's why Apple is a $100B company and you're just sitting to your computer deciding on how they should run their business. ;)

Seriously though, Apple knows their customers will pay these prices and if you ran Apple's business with clientele that tend to have deeper pockets you'd do the same thing. Don't lie.

Rad99004

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2009
Will wait for 100 dollar price cut on iPad 5 this holiday season 2013.

Why Apple? Why push a new high price instead of cutting current prices or just sitting on it till a model update?

Apple is just testing the waters to see who will bite.

Once sales drop off the price will drop.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.