Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MBX

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
I don't get it, why Amazon + Paypal only and not direct credit card account in Cydia store?

Pretty annoying, no?

jutte64

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2009
Fort Recovery , OH
Not really. Using those two methods are for more secure then just throwing your credit card number around. Besides, who doesn't have one of those two accounts by now?

seanwebb68

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2010
never tried but can you not select paypal then use your card to pay there without setting up an account

Jman13

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Columbus, OH
I for one feel much safer giving my payment information to Amazon than a relatively small group of jailbreak hackers personally.

hakr100

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2011
East Coast
Where on Cydia do you set up a payment system? I sure cannot find a link. I had a system set up with Amazon Pay, but the card I used for it expired, and there doesn't seem to be a way I can find to set up a new way to pay.

jutte64

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2009
Fort Recovery , OH
Where on Cydia do you set up a payment system? I sure cannot find a link. I had a system set up with Amazon Pay, but the card I used for it expired, and there doesn't seem to be a way I can find to set up a new way to pay.

I would go to Amazon's website and update your payment information in there. That should allow you to just use that option when you go to pay for something in cydia

jkdem85

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2012
Monmouth County, NJ
I would go to Amazon's website and update your payment information in there. That should allow you to just use that option when you go to pay for something in cydia

Cydia keeps trying to use an old credit card that expired years ago, even though it's not even listed on my amazon payments account anymore. Can anyone help?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.