Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jovian9

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 19, 2003
Planet Zebes
Hey everyone.

I've been using 3g Unrestrictor for awhile now. Worked fine on my previous iPhones for Facetime, etc. Now that I have an iPhone 5 and iOS6 with a jailbreak I'd like to try a similar app again.

Has anyone tried this or My3G? Does it work when you are on LTE or a 4G connection? I'm constantly on those and if it only works with a 3G connection it would be pointless for me. I'm just not sure if it sees those types of data connections as the same as 3G and couldn't find any info about it on their websites.

Thanks!

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
Hey everyone.

I've been using 3g Unrestrictor for awhile now. Worked fine on my previous iPhones for Facetime, etc. Now that I have an iPhone 5 and iOS6 with a jailbreak I'd like to try a similar app again.

Has anyone tried this or My3G? Does it work when you are on LTE or a 4G connection? I'm constantly on those and if it only works with a 3G connection it would be pointless for me. I'm just not sure if it sees those types of data connections as the same as 3G and couldn't find any info about it on their websites.

Thanks!

I have this same question.:D

tony710

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2007
Columbus, OH
I have an iPhone 5 w/AT&T LTE and 3G Unrestrictor works with 4G/LTE connection. I just tested it by forcing an iCloud backup on LTE only.

Hope this helps!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.