Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nfable

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 9, 2007
Hi folks, sent out some quotes to printers that the Goog served up, but I'd like to know if anyone could recommend a printer that can offer custom die-cut and folding services. I'm designing some tap-handle inserts for a brewery and they want an accordion-style piece of paper that can fold to display whatever the current brew is.

Any help is appreciated,
thx,
nf

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
Hi folks, sent out some quotes to printers that the Goog served up, but I'd like to know if anyone could recommend a printer that can offer custom die-cut and folding services. I'm designing some tap-handle inserts for a brewery and they want an accordion-style piece of paper that can fold to display whatever the current brew is.

Any help is appreciated,
thx,
nf

Where are you located?

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
Southern U.S.

Call a local print shop. Explain what you are trying to get done. Ask them who they would recommend. Most print shops will have several trade die-cut shops they will use. Each specializing in certain products. They should be able to send you in the right direction. Call a larger print company as they be doing more diversified work.

yukio

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2008
have you checked out foldfactory.com?

there's not a single place on the site that lists all of the companies who will do that sort of work...but scattered throughout - the Resources section, and some of the examples that Trish uses in her blog - mention specific firms by name.

nfable

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 9, 2007
I'm thankful for the suggestions, I'll vet 'em out. Nextdayflyers.com looks like a contender so far based on the quote I've gotten, though my client would have to fold the product themselves: not so bad with a pre-score made.

thx,
nf

PrePressAcrobat

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2010
I'm thankful for the suggestions, I'll vet 'em out. Nextdayflyers.com looks like a contender so far based on the quote I've gotten, though my client would have to fold the product themselves: not so bad with a pre-score made.

thx,
nf
-----

You could check with "Advanced Letterpress" in Portland, OR.

MSD

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.