Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

unagimiyagi

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
Hi,
I purchased a factory unlock from ebay, and it worked. I just upgraded to ios 6.1 and jailbroke. Now I have the sim card not valid error, and I put in my at&T sim, and things are fine. But I use T-mobile and that sim card is no longer valid. I assume this means that I've lost my allegedly permanent unlock. I thought my # is in the AT&T database, so how did this happen?

Any insight would be appreciated.

chargit

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2010
Evansville, In
Hi,
I purchased a factory unlock from ebay, and it worked. I just upgraded to ios 6.1 and jailbroke. Now I have the sim card not valid error, and I put in my at&T sim, and things are fine. But I use T-mobile and that sim card is no longer valid. I assume this means that I've lost my allegedly permanent unlock. I thought my # is in the AT&T database, so how did this happen?

Any insight would be appreciated.

what is your imei# I will check it for you to see if it is unlocked. you can pm me if you want

unagimiyagi

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
Hi thanks. I think that somehow I did lose my unlock, b/c I just bought another code and it works again.

This is weird--I either bought from the wrong ebayer, or erasing the phone, putting ios 6.1, and jailbreaking, which I did, had erased the unlock.

chargit

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2010
Evansville, In
Hi thanks. I think that somehow I did lose my unlock, b/c I just bought another code and it works again.

This is weird--I either bought from the wrong ebayer, or erasing the phone, putting ios 6.1, and jailbreaking, which I did, had erased the unlock.

if it was truly factory unlocked nothing you did erased it. there are a lot of scams on eBay so there is no telling what happened.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.