Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

comatose81

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2009
What is the version of the new beta. All I see is 5.0.0.12-1 and I am unable to add any of the sources listed above.

Code:
http://apt.dba-technologies.com/beta
or
http://apt.dba-tech.net/beta
or
http://david.ashman.com/apt

5.0.0.12-20

Had to try about 50 times to get the repo to take. Wish I had an easier answer for you.

flexidexi

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2010
Many thanks to the developer for creating Lockinfo; it, sbsettings, and bitesms are ones I install immediately after jailbreaking. But this latest update feels like a big step back with the loss of some functionality. Are we just missing it? I just spent 20 minutes trying to figure out how the hell to configure an app I used on previous jailbreaks and loved. And no disrespect is meant to the developer. I appreciate that even though I bought the app in 2010, there was no charge to download version 5. But I'd be willing to pay for an iOS 6.1 compatible version similar to Pre-Lockinfo 5.

comatose81

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2009
I don't think there's been any loss in functionality. You just have to set everything in the Apple notification center settings.

The only thing I can see that is missing is a way to have all of your widgets and notifications on the same screen when the phone is locked. You have to slide up or down to show one or the other, which is a little annoying.

vtmikevt

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2007
I doubt David Ashman looks at these threads, but here are my issues (besides the noted bugs). I emailed him about #1 and #2. If you feel the same way, maybe make a request.

1. No option to preview an email and have it stay UNREAD. There's an option to "Mark Read on Clear". I don't think that option makes sense since ANY action you take marks it as read already (Previewing, Clearing, Open in Mail.app). I'd prefer that option be changed to "Mark Read on Preview".

I like to preview my messages and then i'll use the "Clear" function to mark it read and clear the notification. This is how Lockinfo used to work.

2. Twitter feed as a widget. I understand why he did this, but i'd prefer to see my Twitter feed as a notification (it's an extra tap to pull down your widgets). I think you just need twitter feed and twitter notifications buttons.

Also, my feed won't load. Just sits at "Loading".

I think all the widgets should just get an icon icon like mail, messages, etc. instead of being buried under widgets.

3. No idea what "Full Previews" does. I don't see a difference with this toggled on or off (this is in the mail notification settings).

Dorkington

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2010
For the most part, I like the direction.

Things I'd like to see change:

- Bring back homescreen LockInfo
- Option to turn off the filtering system on the lockscreen and just use the default "notification" screen
- Clearing notification hides the badge of the app

dahauss

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2009
Junk

LOCKINFO 5 is junk compared to LOCKINFO4 .. first off, Im on 4S 6.1 and on the lock screen I get 2 of the clock/weather things.. ONE AT THE TOP and then one right below. I have tried everything to turn off the second one and if I do, it turns the clock/weather off in the notification pull down. I also see the regular lock screen clock on top of the clock/weather one. I also turned off MAIL on the lock screen but its still there... Also, I used to be able to double click on the text message preview and it opened up the quick reply of bytesms which it no longer does. Also huge line spaces on the calendar between entries. LI4 had a nice clean layout....

Im now testing intelliscreen X but I dont really like that either...

Is there anything out there that works like LI4 did and will work on IOS 6.1?

Thanks ....

bsquarewi

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2011
I couldn't wait to jailbreak my phone just for Lockinfo. It was #1 on my list, always has been.

After several painful hours trying to figure it out to get it to function like LockInfo should, I gave up. It is now deleted and I'll try out IntelliscreenX. I don't think I have a single positive thing to say about LockInfo 5....

1. The single biggest flaw here is that the lockscreen widgets cannot be different from the notification center. I would want SBSettings or Favorites widget on my notification center, but I wouldn't want them on the lockscreen.

2. Can't change the font or size of the notifications in the lock screen. Having the smallest possible font to show the most calendar listings was optimal (for me anyhow)

3. I couldn't find any customizations for the lockscreen. No way to leave the main clock at the top?

4. I would gladly pay full-price again to purchase a "LockInfo Classic" version again if available.

This really burst my jailbreak happy-bubble today....

Dorkington

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2010
After being a loyal customer for years, I'll probably give IntellescreenX a shot. Hell, I'd pay to have LockInfo 5 have the same functionality as LockInfo 4.

Jman13

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Columbus, OH
I never used LockInfo 4, but I'm using the trial now for LockInfo 5. I don't mind it at all, but I'm wondering if there is something I'm missing: A quick and easy way to disable it. Often I will use a Winterboard lock screen, and I want to be able to quickly turn off LockInfo in order to not have things floating over the winterboard lock screen. I can't seem to find anything in the settings, however.

j4zb4

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2011
I was just coming here to ask questions myself when I see others having the same concerns.

I want to be able to just click my home or power button to see everything, not have to click/slide to get to the notification center. I also miss the info shade. :rolleyes: Maybe will have to take another look at intelliscreen again until lockinfo gets their act together again. :confused:

Look under lockscree > show on lock... It will give you the options of whether you want the notifications or the widgets or nothing to show...

Frankly I am quite disappointed... There is no way to even move the info shade... If you look at the pic below it leaves a gap at the top... Which looks quite horrible...

Another thing they missed is if you unlock the phone via the slider... Open your apps and check all your messages... The notifications still remain when you lock your phone and get back to the lock screen...

And for GODS SAKE some one tell me whats the a square with a dot for in my status bar...!!!

But I really love the way they have done the interface of the lockscreen notifications...

Attachments

• photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    667.2 KB · Views: 102

Jman13

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Columbus, OH
Look under lockscree > show on lock... It will give you the options of whether you want the notifications or the widgets or nothing to show...

Frankly I am quite disappointed... There is no way to even move the info shade... If you look at the pic below it leaves a gap at the top... Which looks quite horrible...

Another thing they missed is if you unlock the phone via the slider... Open your apps and check all your messages... The notifications still remain when you lock your phone and get back to the lock screen...

And for GODS SAKE some one tell me whats the a square with a dot for in my status bar...!!!

But I really love the way they have done the interface of the lockscreen notifications...

How did you turn the clock off? With LockInfo or a remove clock tweak in Cydia? That's been my issue.

Oh...and the square with a dot is for your entire Notification Center (show all notifications), vs the individual filters of notification to the right.

robots3humans0

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2009
London, Ontario

The square dot is for general push notifications. It appears you have a Facebook notification, check/dismiss it and it'll go away. You can disable the icon in the Lockinfo settings. Under Status Bar > Push notifications.

comatose81

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2009
Everyone complaining needs to download the beta version. Most of the bugs and complaints are resolved by it, at least in my experience.

j4zb4

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2011
[/COLOR]
How did you turn the clock off? With LockInfo or a remove clock tweak in Cydia? That's been my issue.

Oh...and the square with a dot is for your entire Notification Center (show all notifications), vs the individual filters of notification to the right.

The square dot is for general push notifications. It appears you have a Facebook notification, check/dismiss it and it'll go away. You can disable the icon in the Lockinfo settings. Under Status Bar > Push notifications.

Thanks a lot... :)

For the lockscreen clock I am using "lockscreen clock hide"... Install it and then configure it through settings app...

Everyone complaining needs to download the beta version. Most of the bugs and complaints are resolved by it, at least in my experience.

And how does one install the beta??

vtmikevt

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2007
I would aslo add that i had hoped the LockInfo would give me a way to get rid of the facebook and twitter buttons on the NC

Go to "Settings > Lockinfo > Notifications and Widgets" and move the "Share Widget" to "Not in Notification Center" or just tap it and choose "Off" for notification center, view in lock screen, or both.

ominx

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2010
I was just coming here to ask questions myself when I see others having the same concerns.

I want to be able to just click my home or power button to see everything, not have to click/slide to get to the notification center. I also miss the info shade. :rolleyes: Maybe will have to take another look at intelliscreen again until lockinfo gets their act together again. :confused:

I too just wanted the Notification Center always displayed on the lockscreen. I really don't care for a ton of widgets, etc. I just wanted Notification Center.

Then I found Bulletin. Takes care of exactly that plus some cool ui tweaks.
http://apt.thebigboss.org/onepackage.php?bundleid=com.clezz.bulletin
bulletin1.png

Last edited:

bmwhd

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2008
I too am a long time user of LI4 and miss it dearly. 5 was causing me frequent Safe modes so I'll wait for a new release to try again.

j4zb4

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2011
Ok another weird thin popped up... The whole twitter interface below the "tap to tweet and tap to post" buttons... It wasnt there before... And i dont know how it got there... And i cant seem to be able to get it out of fhere... Can anyone please help...?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 78

robots3humans0

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2009
London, Ontario
Ok another weird thin popped up... The whole twitter interface below the "tap to tweet and tap to post" buttons... It wasnt there before... And i dont know how it got there... And i cant seem to be able to get it out of fhere... Can anyone please help...?

Phone Settings>Notifications>Turn off the Twitter Widget. Thats a Lockinfo widget.

spamdumpster

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2008
After being a loyal customer for years, I'll probably give IntellescreenX a shot. Hell, I'd pay to have LockInfo 5 have the same functionality as LockInfo 4.

The Jailbreak was released YESTERDAY -- give the guy some time to catch up.

kmichalec

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2010
I too just wanted the Notification Center always displayed on the lockscreen. I really don't care for a ton of widgets, etc. I just wanted Notification Center.

Then I found Bulletin. Takes care of exactly that plus some cool ui tweaks.
http://apt.thebigboss.org/onepackage.php?bundleid=com.clezz.bulletin

Thanks for the suggestion ominx. Looks interesting. Looking for an alternative to LI or ISx, as I'm not a fan how either's newest version is looking. May give this a try. Does it have a trial version by chance?

Dorkington

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2010
The Jailbreak was released YESTERDAY -- give the guy some time to catch up.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I'm switching FOREVER or something. But if his direction is to kill some of the core functionality of LI4 for "nicer" NC integration, then it's unlikely he'll make the changes that I'd personally like. He has my money either way, so I doubt it really matters what I think :D

Anyways, I kind of like buying Jailbreak apps, it gives support for developers who really push the envelope of functionality, imo.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.